FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Wonders Of Roger's Billing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So back in April, my credit card gets stolen... and I get a new CC.

In april, Rogers calls me and says my monthly payment fails... so I go online, make a payment and fix my CC info.

Next month, I get the call again.. my payment failed. I call this time, get them to re-fix my payment info because apparently what's entered on the website doesn't carry across the 1-bill system.

Next month they call again.. just one more system needs the info apparently..so that gets updated.

I don't get a call for over a month... until last week, when an automated number started calling my work number. Now the problem with automated messages like this, my work number answers with, "please wait while we forward you...", and then rings the number I'm at. Which the automated system picks up as an answer and starts relaying it's message.

So a few weeks after piecing together the message, I call the 800 number and find myself directed to Roger's account receivable. The automated system says I have $200 in unpaid past due bills.

Now this is a bit puzzling because their online systems say I'm paid up and when I ask for 'operator', I get dropped (4 out of 4 times).

So I call the 1-800 number from the website, get my ass transferred to wireless billing, and then finally get a human. He opens up an investigation, and I'm all paid up. There is no further action required on my account, and there are no pending notifications.

So why the hell am I getting a call from a totally independent system that can't even transfer my call to a human saying I owe money? Is this skynet building up funds for judgement day?

Anyways, the CSR I talked to said that the calls will hopefully stop in a month's time or so.... you know, when someone takes a moment out of their day to reboot the computer that's hung on my account number... it's annoying getting these calls everyday..
How many times does the phone thing call you? This may be classified as harrassment and that Rogers is doing nothing to stop it. You could have a good case.
it calls once a day...

Rogers said that they've put a note in to stop receiving solicitation calls and it may take up to 1 billing period for the calls to stop.

So I give them some time... no skin off my back really... just a minor nuisance
You're way too forgiving. Considering that all the services are the same damn company, I'd be ripping them a new asshole, daily, until it's fixed.

Simply tell them, "I'm going to keep calling you and asking for a manager until your damn system smartens up and stops calling me. You stop calling me, I'll stop calling you."

Problem solved.
Yeah. You know collection agencies are by law not supposed to call you for payment no longer than once per week (or something like that). Nor are they supposed to call you at work.

I think the same applies to normal companies as well.
Just one more reason to opt out of everything Rogers...
Are they calling your house number? just go online and change your home contact number to a different number altogether.
paolo,Aug 2 2006, 12:27 AM Wrote:Are they calling your house number?  just go online and change your home contact number to a different number altogether.
[right][snapback]200397[/snapback][/right]

no, they're calling my business number...because it's a rather serious billing issue. I would normally WANT to know when a payment fails... so it's a good thing they're calling.

The fact that the system is broken and telling me I owe money when my account is absolutely 100% in the clear is the problem...