FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stock Coil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looking to buy (new or used) coil for my 2002 focus for a good price and really fast

thanks
are you sure its the coil that failed, it could be the harness going to it. those wires break and cause problems all the time.
well i mean i would of notest if one of them is broken when i was about to take the whole thing off....but ur right it could be jsut a wire
NikiterZTS,Aug 1 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:well i mean i would of notest if one of them is broken when i was about to take the whole thing off....but ur right it could be jsut a wire
[right][snapback]200223[/snapback][/right]

Nope. It might be hard to notice... a small break inside the wire was enough to render my zx3 undrivable...

I'd test the harness before dropping the $$$ on a new coil.
I might have one kicking around if you want to buy mine let me know
Flofocus

yep my wire is the one on the right......at the shope they could see that 2 of my cylinders were workin and another 2 were just moving without firing

where should i get my harness fixed?

thanks
1) Go to ford dealership order new harness
2) Cut off old harness
3) Splice in new ignition harness
4) ???
5) Profit
NikiterZTS,Aug 1 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:where should i get my harness fixed?

[right][snapback]200244[/snapback][/right]

Do you not read my posts? <_<

^^ what scooba said.
If you do go thre the dealership, expect to cost more than $50.

I say they charge you at the very LEAST, an hour labour for this. Its a 15 minute job.
Flofocus,Aug 1 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:If you do go thre the dealership, expect to cost more than $50.

I say they charge you at the very LEAST, an hour labour for this.  Its a 15 minute job.
[right][snapback]200271[/snapback][/right]

15 min job if you have 1 arm....