FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Listen To This Yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: release2.jpg]

Pharell.

In my mind.

I have most of his other stuff, great artist, VERY intricate music.

I was going to pick this up at lunch...has anyone listened to this yet?
I won't say anything about this record cause I havent sampled it yet...

but I think, based on everything else, that he is just average. In fact, I might even go so far as to say he is overrated.

sorry..
Listening now....
I am a big fan of n.e.r.d and was contemplating on buying the "in my mind" album when it was suppost to be released like 7 months ago and interscope kept pushing it back and back and back... I'd suppose by this time, he had some time to tweak and revise the album a bit.. Havent sampled it yet, but ya it is kind of an anticipated/pushed by the labels a bit.. I liked pharrells work a lot more back when he was a part of the group n.e.r.d. because it was more home grown sound to it.. But all in all, pharrell does a lot of work for the music industry and some how his own material is highly overlooked by the industry as "on par" If this album does good, it will finally be the push his music career deserves after all the work he has done producing, colaberating and managing other artists on his 'label
It is good music, I've always like them, never heard that song until now though. Pretty good :)
Pretty good album!

One thing....

He seems to think it's nessesary to say "yezzir" as in "yes sir" on EVERY track!

There is a wicked track with Snoop called "That Girl"
and another track with Jay-Z named "Young Girl" that is REALLY good!

Pretty good beats though, turn the subs down before you put in the disc...the people in the GO train lot were staring at me! :lol:
"yezzir" haha, thats kind of his trademark now.. I heard a sample of the track w/ Snoop, sounded pretty darn good.. I think I should go out and buy this album soon.
Paulo, grab it man it's definately a good workout for the subs :blink: