FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Did You Know?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so ....either i'm CRAZy ....or what...i dunnno...

but twice now, i've seen a 300c behind me at a light, and when he turns on his indicator to turn left...his DRL driver side light goes out in order for people to see him indicate....

craziness
yep.. only if its the DRL's on

The hid's dont shut off with the indicator.
yea, it's pretty stupid if you ask me, it makes it look so ghetto- all this money and the head lights dont even work!! haha-still a sick car!!
jen_deans,Aug 1 2006, 10:47 AM Wrote:yea, it's pretty stupid if you ask me, it makes it look so ghetto- all this money and the head lights dont even work!! haha-still a sick car!!
[right][snapback]200182[/snapback][/right]

Yup... since i got the car in april... i've had at least 5 people tell me one of my headlights was out... :unsure:
It's actually a neat feature.

Safer I would think. :huh:
the minivans also do this.

its an interesting feature, that definitely makes the turn signal more visible during the day. im assuming and pretty sure that it does not do it at night though for obvious visibility reasons.
i think all new chryslers do it now days.
mo_focus,Aug 1 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:i think all new chryslers do it now days.
[right][snapback]200193[/snapback][/right]

your right, it's a new feature on all Chrysler cars for 2006+ I think they did this and didn't realize that it shuts off our DRL's to use the turn signel, as american's don't have this issue.
...and a month later I see this thread.

I actually told a lady that was behind me pulling into the same plaza that her drl shut off when she signalled, and she had never been told yet. Odd thing for Chrysler to do... and this was in a Caliber.
I had a 300c rental car recently when I went to the states, American people kept trying to tell me something was wrong with my headlights. I dont think I remember seeing this happen on the US Spec 300's
It's not on the US spec cars, as frost pointed out, and it's on all Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. It's to do with relay for the turn signals because of how they are mounted or something, I dunno, the salesman confused my bro in law and I talking about the "science" of it when he picked up his new truck.