FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lower Rear Control Arm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to change just the lower rear contrl arm bushing? IT's the bone like shaped arm at the rear....
If so Where can i get the bushing and $$$

Does anyone have the same problm the dealer seems to say it's a general problem for the focus....

I actually just had that looked at to for a chirping noice comming from it. Turned out it just needed to be lubricated for some reason.....

But im told there not terribly expensive.
you will have to go after market to get the bushing. ford does not list the bushing as a seperate part. the only way to replace it through ford is to replace the whole control arm.

im guessing you were trying to lower the vehicle and the bushing and bolt were seized?
You can call No Limits in Ottawa. There in the yellowpages.

Order up a polyurethane bushing kit from Enerygy Suspension, they will last longer than stock ones.
Just curious if this bushing kit is recommended if you are redoing your suspension???
ZX3guy2000,Jul 31 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:Just curious if this bushing kit is recommended if you are redoing your suspension???
[right][snapback]200106[/snapback][/right]

depending on the condition of your bolts and bushings, it may be required. they are known to seize real good
id get new bolts if i were you.. i spent over 5horus just trying to remove the control arm and finally just cut it off completely.. i had the whole control arm though.. and still if you get some aftermarket bushings, you will need to get them pressed in ..

at 120$ (tax in im pretty sure) a control including both bushings, i thought it wasnt so bad.. now i need to do the other side.. oh yeah and the bolt costs about 2-3$ .. BUT, if you are removing it you might want to check if the nut is still properly welded to the other control arm part.. i undid mine with an impact gun and not only did the bolt not come out of the bushing "cylinder" it pushed the whole nut of its weld points.. so i bought the same size bolt and nut at ford..

was your car swaying back and forth? thats why i did mine and it helped alot.. but now the other side is doing it (yeah i know i shouldve done both at the same time.. )
BerinG,Aug 3 2006, 03:24 PM Wrote:id get new bolts if i were you.. i spent over 5horus just trying to remove the control arm and finally just cut it off completely.. i had the whole control arm though.. and still if you get some aftermarket bushings, you will need to get them pressed in ..

at 120$ a control including both bushings, i thought it wasnt so bad.. now i need to do the other side..

was your car swaying back and forth? thats why i did mine and it helped alot.. but now the other side is doing it (yeah i know i shouldve done both at the same time.. )
[right][snapback]200770[/snapback][/right]

i also had to cut mine off, but i did a number on the trailing arm also, luckily that hammered back into place. i had to return my lowering springs to pay for the work to fix the control arm. and i know have a huge collection of new rear suspenion bolts. and i also got the camber kit which are dif bolts all together. im jsut scared to try and take the other cocntrol arm off now. cause im gnna gurantee its probly seized too.

yeah its most likely seized but next time, i will for sure be grinding the bolt off .. no way im spending another 5 hours to get ONE bolt of.. took me about 10-15 minutes to just cut them and another 10 minutes to install the new control arm.. it really shouldnt be that hard but its just a fact.. the bolts will rust..
I am in between replacing them, I have the energy bushing sitting here while I try to figure out how to get the old one out(I have a set of used arm). I burn the rubber and inner ring out but I have no idea how to get the outter ring out of the arm. And I think I will find a shop to do the cutting for me, there is no way I can do it on my drive way with jack stand. Any idea how much it will cost?

And for everyone that want to order the bushing give New edge a call.