FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problems With My Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so this morning i went to the local auto shop and they installed my MBRP exhaust...so i like the way it sounds and everything since it has 2 resonators...so after the shop was done with my car i drove around to do some things and did on it around 120km around the area goin from one town to another...everything was fine, until i came back to my town and the car started acting up....its like it started chockin and not getting enough air.....lost power really quickly....the engine was sounding really funny and shackin (kinda gave me reminder when one of my plug wires brocke down and my car was workin on 3 cylinders, but now i have brand new plug wires) .....so could it be one of the sensors? like an O2?...cuz all they did just installed the catback thats it
Did the check engine light come on?

Could be alot of things, but it would be hard to pinpoint it to the exhaust installation.
A major issue with the Focus are the sensors.
You may want to open up and take a look down those spark plugs for water. Yes water. We have been getting alot of rain lately and water seems to get into the spark plug area. Just take the boot off and look with a flashlight. You'll see it if it is there.

If it continues, it may through a code and then it will become clear as day.
so i did check for water as u recommended .....no water so those should be good....

and yes engine check went off right away....so i think its def one of the sensors.....and i was thinking to read the codes at the auto shop or maybe part source
Does anyone have a code reader that is close to Kitchener?
DPFE?

Have you thrown a CEL light yet?

Someone bring a decoder to the BBQ if he doesn't have the problem solved yet.

:D
I would hope he has it fixed before driving that far with the light on.... I mean who knows what it could be. Get it looked at.
I'll have my xcal2 at the BBQ, but yeah hope its fixed before then :)
wanna read all my codes for me hardkore? .. i believe i know what they are all for, but it would be nice to know forsure
no problem ;)
It's odd that you would have had the car act up after the install of the MBRP...I doubt it's an 02 Sensor...not sure what else it could be...
mbrp has one resonator, and one drum muffler..
maybe a sensoe got nocked out? ive had it for 4 years and no problems
I am in Kitchener and have an Xcal2. Let me know if you want to meet up and I'll read the code for you so you'll have a better idea what's up.

nass,Jul 30 2006, 12:15 PM Wrote:I am in Kitchener and have an Xcal2. Let me know if you want to meet up and I'll read the code for you so you'll have a better idea what's up.
[right][snapback]199836[/snapback][/right]

thats be awesome man..but you see i can't even drive it....it barrely moves now...

u got a pm
i think if you replaced the entire exhaust with a straight pipe or just didn't run an exhaust at all i dont think that would affect how your car ran to the extent you described.

if the rear 02 sensor got messed up during the install i dont think that wouldn't make your car run badly since the rear 02 is just an emissions check.. dont think they would be messing with the front 02 sensor..

have a look under there to make sure all the connectors are loose.. and maybe your DPFE went at the same time as the install?
better u should come by with Xcal.....