FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Prices Keep Climbing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you driving less? Changing tunes? Uninstalling mods? Adding gas-saver mods like UDPs and better air filters? Changing VEHICLES? :ph34r:

Personally, I'm driving about the same, maybe a tad less because it's summertime and blading to the office is fun. Not today as the weather's sketchy, but you get the idea. We're still getting about 9.5L / 100KMs around town if I largely stay out of the fun zone of the SPI. Highway driving's still 6.5L / 100KMs or better.

Then again, I put 37L in this morning for 1.14/L. :angry:

Discuss.
I'm now going into work from Appleby instead of Oakville.

It works out to about 10 km savings.
I'm getting a car that doesn't require premium gas :P

actually, no real changes.. I just work a bit more overtime...
darkpuppet,Jul 28 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:I'm getting a car that doesn't require premium gas :P

actually, no real changes.. I just work a bit more overtime...
[right][snapback]199495[/snapback][/right]

Same thing here...Putting Super in the focus was more expensive then my 90Litre truck!!!
Same as before really. I'm trapped in so far as getting to work by bus is an insane proposition, 3KM one way that would take 38 minutes by bus here in the "wilds" of Mississauga (That figure includes 8 minutes of walking)

So at this point all I'm doing is forcing myself to use the cruise control at 110km/h on the highway whenever its safe to do so (This actually does make a difference, knocked me down to 7.5L/100km on the run to Niagra Falls and back a new mileage record for me in the Focus)

NefCanuck
I bought a hemi....

I never said i was smart :lol:
no change, i drive a 4 cycl, i couldnt really ask for more. i do alot of mixed driving (hwy/city) so its hard to measure
scoobasteve,Jul 28 2006, 10:24 AM Wrote:I bought a hemi....

I never said i was smart :lol:
[right][snapback]199507[/snapback][/right]

I never said I disagreed.. :lol:
^..:lol:
driving more....need to brake in my clutch. :P
With puppet on that one.... just decided to starting working 16 hours a day between both jobs... figure that way I can cover the car payments and insurance without going for broke :)

Although, since I moved out to Manotick, my commute has increased from 2 km to something insane like 40 kms each way. All to save money by living with the parents :D
ZX5chica,Jul 28 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:With puppet on that one.... just decided to starting working 16 hours a day between both jobs... figure that way I can cover the car payments and insurance without going for broke :)

Although, since I moved out to Manotick, my commute has increased from 2 km to something insane like 40 kms each way. All to save money by living with the parents  :D
[right][snapback]199543[/snapback][/right]

Don't burn yourself out working those kind of hours! When you get over 27, it get's harder to do all the time...
darkpuppet,Jul 28 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:
ZX5chica,Jul 28 2006, 11:25 AM Wrote:With puppet on that one.... just decided to starting working 16 hours a day between both jobs... figure that way I can cover the car payments and insurance without going for broke :)

Although, since I moved out to Manotick, my commute has increased from 2 km to something insane like 40 kms each way. All to save money by living with the parents  :D
[right][snapback]199543[/snapback][/right]

Don't burn yourself out working those kind of hours! When you get over 27, it get's harder to do all the time...
[right][snapback]199546[/snapback][/right]

Don't think I will burn out just yet... plus, it's not like I really have a choice in the matter :)

I'm working on my masters degree and doing research during the day, so I'm basically a slave here, but thanks for the concern :)
I live within cycling distance from work, but I haven't done so lately as the weather here in Pet INSISTS on having a T-Storm every day...

If I don't like the price of gas, or can't afford it...I don't drive,simple as that...
Not driving any less, but I'm probably going to try out my fuel economy tune for the first time and see if it really makes any difference from the performance tune I've been running ever since I got my Xcal.
ANTHONYD,Jul 28 2006, 09:19 AM Wrote:I'm now going into work from Appleby instead of Oakville.

It works out to about 10 km savings.
[right][snapback]199491[/snapback][/right]

Does the extra ticket price + Extra time offset the 10km though?
Well how I cope with the gas prices:

Quit my Job, and Move to another City with lots of places Hiring and look for a better Job with-in Walking distance from my apt.
I'm trying to find a house within riding distance to work.

Laterz :)
How am I coping eh... well strictly speaking of gas... I've made a bad decision.

However, when it comes in 1 month 3 days, I don't really think I'll care... for the first while anyway.
In the last 6 weeks I have paid out almost $700 in gas and $450 in golf. Now that's travellin.
Pages: 1 2