FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Prius Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16201

These guys are all smokin the reefer or something. Or good at telling stories.

Quote:I raced the 400h against a viper on a roll start.. he couldn't catch up. lol
HAHAHHAHAHA :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:lol:
riiiiight
what a tool!!! haha
A new form a RICERS!!
just because your gas pedal is to the floor doesn't mean everyone else around you is racing :P

this is hilarious stuff.

but, I have to admit, I've ridden in a prius at the autoX ... and it was fast.. the guy was one of the autoX driving instructors, and he pulled times consistently faster than my ass, and very close to (if not faster) than p51's times.
yeah but a viper? a motorcycle? an m3 ? i dont understand how there could be so many mention of fast vehicules in that thread
hahaha, i love this site.

Did you see some of their sig's

"-Chris
2004 Silver Prius
with ipod hook up through the multy disk changer hook up
proud California Green Party member"

and another guy with Mudflaps and bumper protector.... lol no wonder they can smoke Vipers NSX's and Kawasakis... :ph34r:
Quote: plan on taking the prius to the track soon to see what it'll do in the 1/4. I've been reading up on how to launch it. This is what I've came up with as the best way to drag race a prius based on only what i've read:

- Charge the battery to full by holding the gas and brake all the way down till the engine shuts off.

- Launch the car in "B" mode because it will pre-load the engine to "launch"

- Of course try to have as little fuel as possible

I think I should be able to hit somewhere in the mid 17 second range. (hopefully) which is actually not bad.

:ph34r:

At least the focus can get into 16's stock. :lol: :ph34r:

I think I should be able to hit somewhere in the mid 17 second range. (hopefully) which is actually not bad.[/quote]

At least the focus can get into 16's stock. :lol: :ph34r:
[right][snapback]199135[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hahaha no kidding, my 89 Camry ran a 15.8 quarter mile... who hopes for a 17?!! :lol:
Yeah but this is a hybrid, that makes it a whole different challenge IMO :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:Yeah but this is a hybrid, that makes it a whole different challenge IMO :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]199155[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
Yea, I guess you're right! haha
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:Yeah but this is a hybrid, that makes it a whole different challenge IMO :P

NefCanuck

I think most of those drivers are challenged. period.

Wonder if they come with a hockey helmet in the trunk, and a buspass for the short bus?

I love the mudflaps listed in their mods.. they must be super aerodynamic, and cause some lift to put more weight on the front wheels, to give it more traction.

or something.

i need more beer.
torradan,Jul 26 2006, 06:05 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

I think most of those drivers are challenged. period.

Wonder if they come with a hockey helmet in the trunk, and a buspass for the short bus?

I love the mudflaps listed in their mods.. they must be super aerodynamic, and cause some lift to put more weight on the front wheels, to give it more traction.

or something.

i need more beer.
[right][snapback]199196[/snapback][/right]

Now, now, you shouldn't give them grief just because they drive (or "race" :rolleyes: ) a hybrid. You should nail them because what do those wanna be-greenies think is gonna happen to their cars battery packs when they die? THAT'S why they get shoved on the short bus friend ;)

Posturing that proves jack squat :P

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jul 26 2006, 01:37 PM Wrote:but, I have to admit, I've ridden in a prius at the autoX ... and it was fast..  the guy was one of the autoX driving instructors,
[right][snapback]199078[/snapback][/right]

slow car fast driver IMHO
naz,Jul 26 2006, 10:51 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jul 26 2006, 01:37 PM Wrote:but, I have to admit, I've ridden in a prius at the autoX ... and it was fast..  the guy was one of the autoX driving instructors,
[right][snapback]199078[/snapback][/right]

slow car fast driver IMHO
[right][snapback]199217[/snapback][/right]

agreed