FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Las Vegas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my friends are planning to head to Vegas after new years. in the week before school starts up again. the last guy turns 21 on Dec 29.

whos been and where would you recomend to stay?
Cost is the big issue with Vegas. If you don't gamble you have that much more spending money. My parents stayed at the Wynn Hotel and they said it was amazing. When I went I stayed at Treasure Island. It was very nice but I have nothing to compare it to.

Things to do/go to/see:

- Rio Hotel Dinner Buffet
- Any Cirque to Soleil Shows (if you like this kind of stuff) (Le Reve is my recommendation)
- Visit Ceasar's palace
- Roller Coaster in New York New York
ya the cheap part of going to vegas is getting there and staying there. the expensive part is what you do while you are there.
ZX5focused,Jul 25 2006, 07:58 PM Wrote:ya the cheap part of going to vegas is getting there and staying there. the expensive part is what you do while you are there.
[right][snapback]198942[/snapback][/right]

yep, and what ever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, Well maybe not herpies, but everything else will ;)

My parents always go to Ceaser's. I'm going there for new years party. I'll be there from Dec 29 to Jan 1st. It should be fun.

We went almost 4 years ago and loved it. The thrill was the helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. But it is big bucks. And I didn't pay for the ride. I love being comped in LV!!!
meford4u,Jul 25 2006, 04:57 PM Wrote:We went almost 4 years ago and loved it.  The thrill was the helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon.  But it is big bucks.  And I didn't pay for the ride.  I love being comped in LV!!!
[right][snapback]198965[/snapback][/right]

Ive been 3 times in the last 9 months. (Just got back a week ago.. 117F it was on the friday) And may go again later this year.

Heres the thing, it isnt about the hotel. I mean if someone were to be going for their honeymoon or something, i can understand.. otherwise its just to sleep and shower. Ive found every single time, the cheapest price i could find was with expedia. Ive stayed at the Tropicana every time ive been, its not the nicest at all.. But its the best price, still on the strip.. and you definatly want to be on the strip.

Someone mentioned the Le Reve show, i didnt see it. But i want to see it, looks amazing.. Tickets start at about $95 i believe.

Rios Buffet is massive so im told... should be for $35 a head. You could spend over a week easy seeing everything down there. The Wynn and Bellagio are probably the most expensive on the strip.. The Venetian is AMAZING, id want to stay there if i had the money, or the MGM grand.

Got any questions.. or need some info. Just drop me a PM. Its almost like my second home.. haha :)
Went two years ago, flew from buffalo in feb. stayed at excalibur for a week 6 nights. For two people with airfare and all taxes it was under $1000 cdn. We bought our show tickets at these little tickets for less places, and went to bite (not recommended), and fashionistas at the crave I think it was. That show was amazing but it is alternative, little bondagish lol. Lots of tight leather, whips etc, probably not most peoples style. Its located on the side of alladdin. Then there is the car muesem at imperial palace. If you find the coupon book the entrance is free. I'm not a gambler so it was reasonable, but something we are gonna do again for sure, but next time going to go a lot more high end. Ended up joining the clubs, and getting free slot money, and walked away with money and a lot of booze. HAHA. Just remember to tip your waitress well, and she will remember where you are.
ya were gonna be flying out of detroit, we just have to determine how much we want to spend on flight and hotel.

shows i doubt we'll hit since its gonna be 6-8 guys going. maybe one of the more guy oriented shows. i think all of our money will be spent on the nightlife aspect of it.
do what we did....RENT A HOUSE!!!

it's cheap...you have your own pad...it's private...anything can happen
i was going to plan a getaway with some friends for new years to LV, would like some opinions on where to stay as well.
FocusGuy7476,Jul 25 2006, 07:36 PM Wrote:i was going to plan a getaway with some friends for new years to LV, would like some opinions on where to stay as well.
[right][snapback]198999[/snapback][/right]

Your gonna try and get 8 guys into a nightclub? Hope you find some women, or buy bottle service. In Vegas, they let the girls in first, no matter where in the line.. then Girls with guys. Just a heads up..

JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 26 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Jul 25 2006, 07:36 PM Wrote:i was going to plan a getaway with some friends for new years to LV, would like some opinions on where to stay as well.

Your gonna try and get 8 guys into a nightclub? Hope you find some women, or buy bottle service. In Vegas, they let the girls in first, no matter where in the line.. then Girls with guys. Just a heads up..
[right][snapback]199177[/snapback][/right]

what do the bottles run down there? cause we're more then likely gonna be a group of guys.
ZX5focused,Jul 26 2006, 05:23 PM Wrote:
JRC ZX3 2003,Jul 26 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]199177[/snapback][/right]

what do the bottles run down there? cause we're more then likely gonna be a group of guys.
[right][snapback]199182[/snapback][/right]

I mean youll still get in, its just a matter of how long you want to wait.

Bottle service prices, your best bet is to email the places you want to go, they will give you a list id assume.

We tried to get into Studio 54 - MGM Grand at midnight, talked to some people in line and they said they had been there 45mins. RA @ Luxor was the same story.

Ill take a look online to see if i see any price lists, and post them up if i find anything usefull.

Edit: http://www.jackcolton.com/faqs.htm found something, it even briefly mentions the guy/girl thing i had mentioned.
man thats a great site, havent had much time to browse it yet but thanks!!!