FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cibc / Pc Financial - Customers Be Warned Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently PC Financial had been notified by the police that some of their debit cards had been compromised. Unfortunately, my BF's card was one of those. They had cancelled the card, but hadn't done so in time as his card was used to withdraw the balance of his account (to the closest $20). We only found when we tried to watch a movie today...

Their response?
Quote:We'll launch an investigation, but it'll take up to two business days for CIBC's monitoring/fraud group to contact you. Even then, they may approve an overdraft... not sure when/if you'll get your money back. If they approve the overdraft, you have to call back into the PC Financial call centre to get the overdraft completed.

I guess this is a reason to avoid resellers of banking services.

Personal note to all if you have an account with either bank check your statements and make sure you know where your money is.
its not just them, my mom had a RBC account and save s***. these days all banks are croupted. Just save all your invoices, bills, and everything else and check it every month
thanks for the warning....i have PC....and def will check my invoce for this month...i usually pay with my master card though everywhere
There is a particular location in richmond hill that was scanning the debit cards. And my GF's card on our joint was hit, and we know 11 other people that were hit on july 19 as well cleaned out 100%. We and a bunch of those people are with td bank.

The people pulled all the money, and then deposited an empty envelope with about the same figure in hopes they would be able to prolong the withdrawls. But I caught it before the bank, and notified them. If you are a regular to the yonge and highway 7 area, and have had your account comprimised, message me, because we figured out the location that was doing it and notified the bank.