FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installed Cosmo Short Shifter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so my buddy Terri came over with his zx3....a really good buddy with some mechanical good skills. always helps me out...

so we installed Cosmo short throw shifter....what a pain in the ass it was i tell ya...remember my car was made in May 2002 so its got that new design for shifters......basicly took us somewhere around 1.5 hours, when on his car i remember it was only 40 mins to do the whole thing. and he's 2000.

anyways the shifter is pretty good i like it....it cost me $96 US and thats with shipping.....
Carry a small tool kit and the old shifter in your car....the cosmo shifters are known to break. From what I hear, maybe they changed the design.

Mine broke... but it was very quickly magyvered so it will never break now!!! LOL!!!

in what exectly way do they breake?
just wanna add that the whole thing looked like a really solid peice of metal,,,,,hard to believe that something would go wrong with it
p.s. the shift knob that came with it is so heavy that i swear i don't even need to cary a baseball bat in my car i can jsut use that thing on somebody

here's what it looks like

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.a...5&pid=1341
No pictures of the instal and finished product? Glad you like it, its always a good feeling when you do something yourself and everything goes well.

will post pics