FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shorty Antenna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i decided to put shorty antenna on the car.....oh well i thought its gonna be the easiest thing in the world since everybody just tells me that u can jsut unscrew the long fishin rod and put new one on the same way...

so first i tride with my hand....no go.......then i trided pliers....no go...tried a little harder....damn it....pliers started to damage stock antenna...so i thought its really rusty and added some "Mooveit" stuff in a lil crack.....so i can't that didn't work...i got so mad that i cut more the half of the antenna. at this point i see a lil imitation of shorty antenna...and still not comming off.....so i took execto knife and cut the rubber off the rest of that antenna...now i can see this metal peice that does not wanna unscrew....and its so freackin ugly.....like how should i unscrew it?

please help
just use your hands, it comes right off. :):):) j/k

I guess its been on the car for a long time, and its a bit rusty. Usually its suppose to come right off with your hands. Just spray more WD-10 and let it sit for a day.
people are gettin carried away from lookin at those not so good lookin pics
Well you can try removing the antenna base from the car. You can find the instructions HERE. Once the base is off the car you might have better luck removing what is left of your antenna.

That might work, keep us posted.
i mean all it could be is just rust
i broke mine right off and had to replace it
if i remember correctly go in the car where the dome light is
u should be able to unscrew it from there
its easier to work on in hand

You broke it. Get a new one on ebay. And it will already be short.
NikiterZTS,Jul 22 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:ok here are the pics that i just took....so mad

any other ideas?
[right][snapback]198489[/snapback][/right]

Keep it like that...be different....almost "retro" feel to it...
bwahahhaha.....honestly that has to be the ugliest "KNUB" I HAVE EVER SEEN....

AHEM...sorry.....yeah um....bwahahahhahaahahhahahaha
Or just do what I was thinking of doing...

Remove it, patch the hole, and spray your colour. :D
haaha funniest discussion ever about a shorty antenna. but you could have done one thing when removing it, you could have just cut the antenna 2/3's down and just put a cap back on it and have the oem one into a shorty, and you know no one will be able to steal it, heck, not even you can take it off too.
NikiterZTS,Jul 22 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:.....like how should i unscrew it?

please help
[right][snapback]198462[/snapback][/right]

Counter-clockwise usually works best if you're trying to take it off.
anyways u can laugh it up...but i did take it off ....had put a big amount of "Moovit" stuff and my buddy Terri did it Hulk styles ....so it is off
Vise grips.
^^^ that was my main wepon man
NikiterZTS,Jul 23 2006, 10:39 PM Wrote:anyways u can laugh it up...but i did take it off ....had put a big amount of "Moovit" stuff and my buddy Terri did it Hulk styles ....so it is off
[right][snapback]198694[/snapback][/right]

I was laughing so hard with most of the posts all weekend that I couldn't bring myself to tell you what to do and end the drama. I was just too funny.

You win Newby f***tard of the month for July.

And believe me, in my books, that is an honor.

Ask Frost.
u know..i'll just pretend i didn't read that
Dude, your antenna is FUBAR!!1!!!1!

ZTWsquared,Jul 23 2006, 08:21 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jul 22 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:.....like how should i unscrew it?

please help
[right][snapback]198462[/snapback][/right]

Counter-clockwise usually works best if you're trying to take it off.
[right][snapback]198691[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dude...the ugly thing is OFF
meford4u,Jul 25 2006, 05:35 PM Wrote:And believe me, in my books, that is an honor.

Ask Frost.
[right][snapback]198984[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes: lol :lol: :rolleyes:
Where IS the Bunny In All of this?

LMFAO This is just HAHAHA
Pages: 1 2