FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Panning A Vacation...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i'm planning a vacation ....nothing carzy really....trying to stay on a tight budget...

I want to drive....has to be within ~1000km +/- whatever ....one way. and i'm going for a week...

one thought was to hit up atlantic city, and new york city [i've been to NYC twice, but it's always fun]

any other suggestions? I was also thinking Chicago...but to stay there a week....meh

anywhere good in maine to go?
Cedar Point in Sandusky OHIO. More rollercoasters than you can shake a your d**k at. :lol:
Don't forget to visit callahan auto parts while your in sandusky ohio
schade,Jul 21 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:Don't forget to visit callahan auto parts while your in sandusky ohio
[right][snapback]198417[/snapback][/right]

HOLY SHNIKES!!!
Richard, who is your favorite little rascal? Was it Alfalfa, or SPANKY?"

-1000 islands could be fun.. not sure what there is to do. All I know about it is that its pretty.

-Montreal .. because poutine is nummy. Le Ronde is pretty fun too. Not a huge amusement park though. Lots of clubs. Le vieux Dublin is a really nice pub. I should have been a regular with the amount of time/money I spent there.

-Quebec City... because its pretty.

Mystic, Connecticut. Not far from NYC. Fairly cheap (dunno your budget though). Very nice there, lots of stuff to do. Newport, Rhode Island (the cliff walk ROCKS and get to see some insane mansions) is about an hour away from Mystic. Boston is a couple of hours away. Salem is a bit north of Boston (is not worth it though, 5% history, 95% tourist BS).

Mystic Pictures

Not sure of anywhere good in Maine to go.
yea, been to montreal a few times....

tell me more about mystic conn...

anyone else with ideas?
quebec city is nice......i like the old part of it
Go blow your money at RAMA!
If you like the amusement park idea, Cedar Point is the place to go. I just added up the bills for 4 of us, and including all my golf and meals and lodging, we stayed there 5 days and it was $650 Can. total. A great vacation and alot of fun. And it is about 5 hours travel for you.
I wish we could go to an amusement park...i'ts going to be me and my wife...my best friend, and his wife....who is preggers.....so no amusement parks for us....

keep em coming!
Focused,Jul 22 2006, 07:39 PM Wrote:I wish we could go to an amusement park...i'ts going to be me and my wife...my best friend, and his wife....who is preggers.....so no amusement parks for us....
[right][snapback]198579[/snapback][/right]

Well, they could always carry the beer for you and disburse. :lol: