FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Timing Belt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a heads up for anybody thats not changing their timing belt cause ford says wait until 200,000km. Just got mine changed at 130,000 and buddy at the dealership said there was cracks starting to appear, so its good I got it done now.

Most of you guys already know this, just in case somebody doesnt!
dannyq,Jul 20 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:Just a heads up for anybody thats not changing their timing belt cause ford says wait until 200,000km. Just got mine changed at 130,000 and buddy at the dealership said there was cracks starting to appear, so its good I got it done now.

Most of you guys already know this, just in case somebody doesnt!
[right][snapback]198286[/snapback][/right]

Any way to check for these cracks in the driveway with minimal tools and/or skill? ;)
i was thinkin of changin now...cuz im the second owner of my car and who knows if they changed it before....plus im hittin 175 k
changed mine at 110, well when i changed the clutch/front end. the mechanic charged me for the cost of the belt and free labour. he said its just matter of changing the belts since everything was apart anyways.
I wanted to change mine at around 115k but the mechanic told be the belt was fine so I left it. I have the belt cover off and I check it everytime the hood is up to make sure. The zetec is a non interference motor stock so even if the belt does go it's not a major repair.
S'funny, they tried to weasel me into changing it at 95K. I told them I looked up the SPI and it's supposed to have a mean service interval of 150-160K for the belt. They then changed their tone and said it could wait. I'll prolly wait till 125-130k and change it then.