FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp With Stock Flex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how good is MBRP with stock header and stock flex?

should i wait till i get my svt header and svt flex?

another quastion will stock flex connect no prob to mbrp cat back? same with SVT flex......

im just gettin a deal on the MBRP cat back so i need some advise....
The MBRP is a good exhaust i've had mine for 2 yrs now and i've been happy with it. It will bolt up to the stock flex no prob. Not sure about whether it will bolt up to the svt header and flex. A aftermarket flex, header and cat will improve the numbers, but just an exhaust will produce some hp/tq gains.
nice nice
I liked the MBRP with the stock header/cat/flex. My only gripe with it is the drone present when your traveling long distances. Once you add a header your bound to challenge some of the best sounding exhausts. Going SVT header direction probably won't net as much rice sound as something like a race header.

You can get the SVT header kit, with everything y ou need to add it to a stock zetec, and you will bolt up fine to whatever exhaust you have on the car.

Currently Im rock'n the focussport stealth exhaust, hands down I don't think any bolt on exhaust system can match the sound, especially if you have a race header.
my vibrant well eat your FS up :P
where's a good place to get svt kit? (header,cat,flex)
http://www.focussalvage.com/ has them!!!

I think I got a quote of 475 shipped to a UPS pickup centre in Potsdam!

Not really sure who else has them.....anyone???
mcnews, and I think mitch(zx3tuning) can get the same stuff.
i've talked to mitch about it.....the price on the header is writen at home somewhere...he said he might have a prob gettin flex
ZX3guy2000,Jul 20 2006, 09:06 PM Wrote:http://www.focussalvage.com/ has them!!!

I think I got a quote of 475 shipped to a UPS pickup centre in Potsdam!

Not really sure who else has them.....anyone???
[right][snapback]198282[/snapback][/right]

is that for both header and flex tax and shipping incld.?
hardk0re,Jul 20 2006, 10:08 PM Wrote:mcnews, and I think mitch(zx3tuning) can get the same stuff.
[right][snapback]198283[/snapback][/right]

Oops... sorry didn't know mitch had them or I would have mentioned our sponsor first!!! My Bad!!!
i would love to get some kind of a deal on that header and flex
If you do the SVT exhaust workings first, you'll likely want to order either the MBRP SVT package (and eat the low-end losses) or adapt the SPI/Zetec sedan exhaust. If you get the SVT package, you'll need to extend the last section of pipe by 6-8".

Call Ed or anyone else at MBRP and ask away! They're really helpful there.

1-888-636-7223 - http://www.mbrp.com/main.php?focus

I hate to sem-threadjack, but DAMN: http://www.mbrp.com/products.php?S7200304

Almost makes me willing to get a Mustang. What a sweet-looking setup.
most likely im buyin MBRP on monday at the meet....i do have to extend it by 7'
Ed at MBRP told me that the stock cat and flex are just as well flowing as aftermarket, and are not really worth changing. The Stock parts with the MBRP system sounds and fits awesome, and gives you an increase in power in the mid to high rpm areas.

[Image: th_1stAttemptMBRP.jpg]

Sound quality ain't the best, but It's my first try capturing the exhaust tone without any help...hope it works...
my Borla/ORP will eat up your Vibrant! LOL :P
Got a sound clip of my exhaust finally...might try another one later...check out my other reply above.../\/\/\

Stock manifold, stock cat and flex....Gen 2 MBRP...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 16 2006, 01:46 PM Wrote:Got a sound clip of my exhaust finally...might try another one later...check out my other reply above.../\/\/\

Stock manifold, stock cat and flex....Gen 2 MBRP...
[right][snapback]202641[/snapback][/right]

i installed mine a couple weeks ago....mine is got 2 resonators...sounds different
Mine has 1x resonator and 1x muffler...it sounds a lot different in person...less raspy or glasspack sounding...either way, it sounds beefy compared to imports... :ph34r:
Drivesthebeast,Aug 16 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:Mine has 1x resonator and 1x muffler...it sounds a lot different in person...less raspy or glasspack sounding...either way, it sounds beefy compared to imports... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]202685[/snapback][/right]

Yours is a pre-05 right? I'm curious to hear another '05 with my setup, just to see if there are any variations in the sound...

NefCanuck