FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ot- Two Cars Stolen In Less Then Two Weeks Apart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, looking for options I guess. My dad's dealership got broken into twice this month and they stole Mazda Protégé and Mazda MPV. Cars were cheap, one 2000, other 4000, but its the hassle that he has to go thru that sucks, plus insurance doesn’t really pay much, also they decided to add deductible to them as well so basically it means he is getting jack.

He has camera's installed everywhere but these guys are not kids, they know what they are doing, so i gave him the idea of GPS tracking, maybe that will get them caught. So after venting......

Does anyone know GPS tracking that is cheap to get so he can get them installed in all his cars? I have looked at lot of them online but they are al around 4-500 plus monthly, I’m hoping there are units for around 100-200 that will do the job, doesn’t have to be fancy, they just need to work. Let me know if you know any products like that.

Regards, Mo
Here you go.

Boomarang - Lojack

Just looking at the site, its like around 12bucks a month.

Later on, its what I plan on doing.
mo_focus,Sep 20 2009, 09:44 AM Wrote:Hi, looking for options I guess. My dad's dealership got broken into twice this month and they stole Mazda Protégé and Mazda MPV. Cars were cheap, one 2000, other 4000, but its the hassle that he has to go thru that sucks, plus insurance doesn’t really pay much, also they decided to add deductible to them as well so basically it means he is getting jack.

He has camera's installed everywhere but these guys are not kids, they know what they are doing, so i gave him the idea of GPS tracking, maybe that will get them caught. So after venting......

Does anyone know GPS tracking that is cheap to get so he can get them installed in all his cars? I have looked at lot of them online but they are al around 4-500 plus monthly, I’m hoping there are units for around 100-200 that will do the job, doesn’t have to be fancy, they just need to work. Let me know if you know any products like that.

Regards, Mo
[right][snapback]294582[/snapback][/right]

Nothing you can do to keep them out once and for all ?? ... maybe I'm missing something but it seems more logical to spend money to prevent the theft in the first place than to try and get the cars back after they're gone.
try future shop..i think it's called the snitch or something..can't member the price on em tho..
ZTWsquared,Sep 20 2009, 03:04 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Sep 20 2009, 09:44 AM Wrote:Hi, looking for options I guess. My dad's dealership got broken into twice this month and they stole Mazda Protégé and Mazda MPV. Cars were cheap, one 2000, other 4000, but its the hassle that he has to go thru that sucks, plus insurance doesn’t really pay much, also they decided to add deductible to them as well so basically it means he is getting jack.

Regards, Mo
[right][snapback]294582[/snapback][/right]

Nothing you can do to keep them out once and for all ?? ... maybe I'm missing something but it seems more logical to spend money to prevent the theft in the first place than to try and get the cars back after they're gone.
[right][snapback]294586[/snapback][/right]

ohh trust me he tires, but as i said these are not kids looking for joy rides. these guys are pro's.

Last year he had one guy broke in 3 cars and stole 6 airbags. Total of 20 min. Even cops were amazed. This time the MPV was stolen from the back and there is half meter drop to the other side. You can see the bottom was draged and most likely leaking fluids all over. These guys usually drive it into a cart/trailer and then ship it to some other country.
one option would be removing the batterys from all the cars on the lot, that way they can"t take the cars off the lot without putting the batterys back into the cars, but in doing so you should have all the batterys in a room under lock and key with a silent alarm. it might help untill you get the alarms installed in the cars.
Frost__2001,Sep 20 2009, 01:44 PM Wrote:one option would be removing the batterys from all the cars on the lot, that way they can"t take the cars off the lot without putting the batterys back into the cars, but in doing so you should have all the batterys in a room under lock and key with a silent alarm. it might help untill you get the alarms installed in the cars.
[right][snapback]294592[/snapback][/right]
Or this ...

[Image: Worch-M_installed.jpg]
ZTWsquared,Sep 20 2009, 10:00 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Sep 20 2009, 01:44 PM Wrote:one option would be removing the batterys from all the cars on the lot, that way they can"t take the cars off the lot without putting the batterys back into the cars, but in doing so you should have all the batterys in a room under lock and key with a silent alarm. it might help untill you get the alarms installed in the cars.
[right][snapback]294592[/snapback][/right]
Or this ...

[Image: Worch-M_installed.jpg]
[right][snapback]294593[/snapback][/right]

That looks like a decent idea. What does the lot look like Is it fenced in at all maybe that should be one of your first options or atleast put up short polls to block exit. And even if you put gps tracking in them it won't help guys breaking in and stealing aibags.