FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is It Really Worth The Drive To Fordwich?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm in need of some new tires and i've decided on the new Kumho SPT's

I remember everyone rantin and ravin about bob and his prices, but are they really good enough to justify the 1.5-2hr drive? or just stick with ordering online?
bobs deals were ace but there is no forgettin that it is a hell of a drive...I'm in guelph and its still a long drive!!

talk to him though..see what he can do before you drive..
where is this place?
near godridge i believe
bob could never get any of the good stuff.. like kumho mx or azenis sport. or maybe he could and just not for me
if you want cheap tires, he cant be beat.

I had tires installed on my svt rims for way under 400... last year. Not sure if he can still do it.

But damn, hes hard to get a hold of.
i just talked to him today and he said hes gonna call his rep and get back to me ... so we shall see
Fordwich

Its not too bad
probably about the same comming across from barrie too
Who is Bob and what does he do?
bob sells tires, and apperantly at amazing prices .. i'll find that out forsure in the morning
Cheaper than tirerack.com or tiretrends.ca???
Looks like bob is no longer the man, his supplier no longer cares any high performance kumho tires becuase he can't compete with the prices of the online companies.

So i guess my next option is to get them from tirerack.com and have them shipped to niagara falls then pick them up there and have them installed while in the usa aswell that way i won't have to pay any tax or duties on them

Does anyone have the zipcode to the UPS drop off center in niagara/buffalo or has done this process of picking up parts before than can lend me some info
schade,Jul 24 2006, 10:54 AM Wrote:Does anyone have the zipcode to the UPS drop off center in niagara/buffalo or has done this process of picking up parts before than can lend me some info
[right][snapback]198734[/snapback][/right]
14304 ... the only problem with the UPS depot is their short hours plus no weekends.

Let me know if you need to use a PO box - I'll "lend" you mine - same zip code.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions - I do this on a regular basis.
tirerack.com doesn't ship to the ups depot anymore, they say they've been screwed over to many times by people saying they never received there tires.

So what they do is ship it to one of there recommended tire centers. Then you can go have your new tires installed when you pick them up, and save on having to pay taxes and duty bringing them back across.

So as it sits right now for 4 215/40/17 Kumho SPT its $415cdn shipped to niagara falls ... i'm going down sunday morning to get them installed

and tiretrends.com wanted $620cdn shipped
He's worth the drive I think.

Take company.

And don;t be afraid of the shop....He specializes in tractor tires.

I got my NEXXXEN 3000's for 400 installed and balanced with disposal of my old tires.
There's some good prices here 2kool performance
And he can get any size tire you want. E-mailing him is the best way to get answers fast. I bought my springs from him and have a set of wheels and tires coming in too. Good guy to deal with and hard to beat his prices. He is in Prescott Ont.