FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Mileage - With A/c On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well with the heat wave on here in the G.T.A., I filled up on the weekend at 1.029L and with all the running round KW, Toronto, and Brampton, and parts of Halton region, with the A/c on the whole time I can say I got 510.6 kms with the a/c on the whole time. That's with out the redirect function (max A/c) on for more then 10 minutes on start up.

On avarage with the windows down or up, and no A/c on, I usually get 550 kms ~ 590 kms on a tank.

So has me questioning what are you guys getting with the a/c to a tank ?
Well your doing pretty good considering you had the ac on that whole time...

But here's a topic from last month that had some decent replies.
My gas mileage SUCKS no matter what is on or off. Just ask Andrew! Its the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen and I hate it so much. I love my car MINUS the FACKIN' gas mileage!
euro_zx5,Jul 17 2006, 04:58 PM Wrote:Well your doing pretty good considering you had the ac on that whole time...

[right][snapback]197877[/snapback][/right]

I was talking about with the A/c on the whole time, while you are out driving round without shutting it off.
i'm with ashely on that one, the focus sucked.(well i guess its more dependand on the driver then the car) :)

Kelly gets around 450 -500 per tank
my focus used to get 350-400 per tank
my jetta is getting me 500- 550 per tank now. ( i dont race the jetta)
mo_focus,Jul 17 2006, 05:44 PM Wrote:i'm with ashely on that one, the focus sucked.(well i guess its more dependand on the driver then the car) :)

Kelly gets around 450 -500 per tank
my focus used to get 350-400 per tank
my jetta is getting me 500- 550 per tank now. ( i dont race the jetta)
[right][snapback]197885[/snapback][/right]

That's with the A/c on ? wow. :blink:
Jettas have bigger tanks.............
Yep, my focus was getting s***ty milage for an econobox.

when i'd have a/c on i'd drop below 20mpg.... I'd average 410-430km/46l Fillup . compared to the 480-510 average
D-Dub,Jul 17 2006, 10: Wrote:Jettas have bigger tanks.............
[right][snapback]197889[/snapback][/right]

all 3 with AC on and yes Jetta's have bigger tank. i think its 55L compared to 50 of focus.
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 17 2006, 04:21 PM Wrote:My gas mileage SUCKS no matter what is on or off. Just ask Andrew! Its the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen and I hate it so much. I love my car MINUS the FACKIN' gas mileage!
[right][snapback]197879[/snapback][/right]

I hear you, I have the same motor and damn the Duratec 2.0L is a gas hog with the A/C on <_< 10l/100km average and that includes at least 40% highway :ph34r:

and that's with my tweaks, last year stock in similar conditions 11l/100km average :blink:

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Jul 17 2006, 05:42 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Jul 17 2006, 04:58 PM Wrote:Well your doing pretty good considering you had the ac on that whole time...

[right][snapback]197877[/snapback][/right]

I was talking about with the A/c on the whole time, while you are out driving round without shutting it off.
[right][snapback]197884[/snapback][/right]

Ahh, sorry. In that case, I don't have much mileage per tank with the ac on... until today I can't say I used the ac much. So far, it doesn't seem to be drinking and quicker than normal.
I just did a quick search and the Focus is never in the top 10 :(
I got about 7.5 - 8 litres per 100km on the highway with the a/c on during my recent trip.

the supercharger brings the mileage down a tad..
I seem to be getting pretty good mileage with my 2000 ZX3! I'm currently at 540km with the AC on 25% of that would be Highway the rest city!

Since I install the Volant my gas mileage has actually gone up, so I'm impressed with that!

I was just wondering how others were doing with gas mileage, and if AC played a big part in it.

I usually don't use the AC.. and I get ~380 miles per tank. (610km?) Plus I have a lead foot.

This week, I filled up Thursday, and the gas light came on yesterday on the way home from work. Odometer read 270 miles (434 km). I used the AC a bit on Friday up to TO, then for most of driving around Saturday (Scarborough -> Pickering -> Scarborough, 95% of that trip was on the 401) since I was in a nice stuffy suit, and she was all prettied up and didn't want to get all nasty. Had the AC on full to get the heat out of the car, then dropped it down to 25%.

Seems like a pretty big difference in mileage for not really using the AC all that much.
Wow, I can really say I'm suprised with the comments, I think I did 95%+ of highway driving seeing how I was everywhere durring the weekend.

But Again wow..... I never knew the focus sucked soo badly with the A/c on, and was a major drag on the MPG.
I tend to drive more responsibly on the highway than in the city! I average 300 KMs per 20L of gas on the highway with the A/C on, but that's all hilly driving (North Bay --> Sudbury). I think my UDP is helping me out a tad there though. My off-AC mileage is normally 700-740 KM per ~40L on good, flat roads.

I know it said ZETEC, but I figured I'd weigh in!
im too hard on my pedal, so i don't even get a good milege with my AC off.....but still pretty good....considering i hit my govern. on the highway often which is 175km/h.....with out AC and driving crazy and on the highway i still get 500 and somethin on a tank
A/C on 100% of that tank... 100-130km/hr the whole tank

Look at the half tank... too bad the last half doesn't match
[Image: daytonaspeedwayetc040.jpg]

[Image: daytonaspeedwayetc043.jpg]

[Image: daytonaspeedwayetc057.jpg]

[Image: daytonaspeedwayetc068.jpg]

[Image: goinghomer109.jpg]

My last tank was 678.... almost the best ever if i could just ease up on my acceleration i 'd be 700's STunning

*edit* LOOK at the odometer... consecutive tanks too... there was one I missed or a couple small fill ups
My mileage in my 05 Focus ST is about 450Km on a 46L fill. How much room do we actually have in the tanks?? After the gas light comes on, how many clicks does everyone seem to get??
Pages: 1 2