FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Went Skydiving This Weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well... as some of you know, it was my birthday this weekend, so my boyfriend brought me to Mile High Parachuting in Arnprior to do a Tandem jump. We jumped from 11000 feet (above the clouds) and free-fell till we hit 4500 feet, and then we pulled the chute. My landing was pretty smooth, his was a bit rougher, but I must say... the experience was out of this world (something like driving my focus for the first time :) ).... anyways, thought I would share some of the pics with you... they turned out great!!

[Image: IMG_0026_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0030_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0032_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0037_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0040_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0042_1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0054.jpg]

Oh... and please no judging on how I look.... it was early and I was in play mode... :)
Good to see that you had fun (and HBD) but this reminds me of that comment:

"Parachuting - Why would you deliberately want to jump from a perfectly functional airplane" :D

NefCanuck
hehe, I was right about the ladies at the keg :P :D

My GF REALLY wants to go, its probably what Im going to get her for her bday this year.
Had a great time... I actually want to go for the progressive free fall course and get my jump certificate... but it will cost somewhere in the 3000$$ range... so I don't know about that... :)

Oh... and lol.... the airplane interior was actually held together by duct tape. I loved that aspect of it... adds to the excitement!!

Flo:... bring your gf... huge adrenaline rush means a smile for the whole day... which may be reimboursed in other ways ;)
I'll bring her and WATCH, Re: Why jump out of a perfectly good plane? :lol:

Plus with the luck I've been having lately, I'm just staying away from ANY vehicles. :lol:
Flofocus,Jul 17 2006, 10:24 AM Wrote:I'll bring her and WATCH, Re: Why jump out of a perfectly good plane?  :lol:

Plus with the luck I've been having lately, I'm just staying away from ANY vehicles.  :lol:
[right][snapback]197851[/snapback][/right]

Is your foci really causing you that much grief?? Cause I am still trying to unload my Tercel... maybe we can make a deal ;)
I would never want to bungee jump, but I would love to skydive someday...

I've done stuff like the skyflyer at Canada's Wonderland with my gf at the time, and let me tell ya boys.. adrenaline rushes are much cheaper than (and just as effective as) diamond jewelery. ;)
Looks like you had fun! I don't know if I could jump... i'd probably be the one to stay on the plane.
Sweet jump!! I want to skydive !!!!! Done the bungee... skydiving is next on the list!!! Oh I so want to go!!!
Wow, I could never do this as I have a major fear of falling..... it's why I will not do Drop Zone at Wonderland as I blacked out durring the first time I went on it...

But wow again you are more braver then I.....
With your good looks and charm my dear, I would have made other plans for a plane and 1 mile up in the air.

Nudge, nudge, wink wink, say no more!
darkpuppet,Jul 17 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:I would never want to bungee jump, but I would love to skydive someday...

I've done stuff like the skyflyer at Canada's Wonderland with my gf at the time, and let me tell ya boys.. adrenaline rushes are much cheaper than (and just as effective as) diamond jewelery.  ;)
[right][snapback]197853[/snapback][/right]

same here, I have no urge to do the bungee thing but for some reason I'll jump out of a plane. That skyflyer was a pretty good rush, especially if you have to pull the cord :)

Lets make a meet out of this :D
I'd say make a skydiving meet, but knowing how well some folks get along, I'm afraid for a few cut chutes.
awesome stuff....however i noticed your instructor who's BEHIND YOU has a rather larger than normal smile on his face....did you notice anything poking at you????

meford4u,Jul 17 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:With your good looks and charm my dear, I would have made other plans for a plane and 1 mile up in the air. 

[right][snapback]197905[/snapback][/right]
I would volunteer my pilot services, but the inside of a Piper Cherokee is small and the mental image of Meford Kama Sutra is nearly too much to bear....

:blink:
I'm glad you had fun jumping out of a perfectly functional plane!

It looks like so much fun, but no way in hell would I ever do that. You definately have bigger stones than me.

OAC_Sparky,Jul 18 2006, 06:00 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 17 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:With your good looks and charm my dear, I would have made other plans for a plane and 1 mile up in the air. 

[right][snapback]197905[/snapback][/right]
I would volunteer my pilot services, but the inside of a Piper Cherokee is small and the mental image of Meford Kama Sutra is nearly too much to bear....

:blink:
[right][snapback]197922[/snapback][/right]

You make me want to vomit. A Lot.

Slimsride,Jul 17 2006, 11:25 PM Wrote:awesome stuff....however i noticed your instructor who's BEHIND YOU has a rather larger than normal smile on his face....did you notice anything poking at you????
[right][snapback]197918[/snapback][/right]

LOL... nope, there was nothing poking into my back that I could tell.... but you know, those jump suits don't do much justice.... they're pretty tight around *certain* areas... so I don't think there would be much room for *expansion* if you know what I mean :).... In fact, all the guys were calling them *package enhancers* :D
torradan,Jul 18 2006, 07:11 AM Wrote:You make me want to vomit.  A Lot.
[right][snapback]197927[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, I get that a lot. :lol:
So, can you read in the car like Paul? I might need a codriver someday, but Tina and Paul can't handle it. ;)
P-51,Jul 18 2006, 08: Wrote:So, can you read in the car like Paul?  I might need a codriver someday, but Tina and Paul can't handle it. ;)
[right][snapback]198012[/snapback][/right]

Not really the best at reading in the car... I prefer to drive :)

But seriously, if I'm a passenger, I'm looking at the road, the book can wait... because, you know we all think our driving is the best, so everyone who drives and who is riding shotgun will no doubt pull some sort of shoulder check every once in a while. :)
Pages: 1 2