FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Track Days Rock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 14JL9150.jpg]

so much better than street riding, and so much better than being in a car!
naz,Jul 15 2006, 04:23 PM Wrote:[Image: 14JL9150.jpg]

so much better than street riding, and so much better than being in a car!
[right][snapback]197736[/snapback][/right]

i love bikes
gettin my M1 license soon
Have you done any long distance touring yet? I really used to enjoy that a lot and I am sure you would get a kick out of it too. Dont let anyone tell you the 500 isnt enough bike to do it as you know how far and wide I went on my old 550.
2001 ZTS,Jul 15 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:Have you done any long distance touring yet? I really used to enjoy that a lot and I am sure you would get a kick out of it too. Dont let anyone tell you the 500 isnt enough bike to do it as you know how far and wide I went on my old 550.
[right][snapback]197746[/snapback][/right]

i passed someone on a cbr600 f4i coming out of a series of corner yesterday (and an instructor on a EX500 was passing EVERYONE) so i am more than convinced 500cc is enough bike...

i don't know.. i wonder if i WOULD like long distance touring.. scraping up the lower fairing and the footpegs at the track was a whole lot more fun for me than the 2hr ride in a straight line to the track.. i think i would go bonkers anything more than 4hrs in one shot. maybe my perspective will change when i get on a more interesting (some combo of technical/scenic) road and not a straight interstate...
naz,Jul 15 2006, 10:53 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jul 15 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:Have you done any long distance touring yet? I really used to enjoy that a lot and I am sure you would get a kick out of it too. Dont let anyone tell you the 500 isnt enough bike to do it as you know how far and wide I went on my old 550.
[right][snapback]197746[/snapback][/right]

i passed someone on a cbr600 f4i coming out of a series of corner yesterday (and an instructor on a EX500 was passing EVERYONE) so i am more than convinced 500cc is enough bike...

i don't know.. i wonder if i WOULD like long distance touring.. scraping up the lower fairing and the footpegs at the track was a whole lot more fun for me than the 2hr ride in a straight line to the track.. i think i would go bonkers anything more than 4hrs in one shot. maybe my perspective will change when i get on a more interesting (some combo of technical/scenic) road and not a straight interstate...
[right][snapback]197756[/snapback][/right]

any video?

by the way, north western ontario has some amazing scenery to ride on... I saw bikers cruising from sudbury to wawa on all variations of bike (from trike to sport bike)...
i would lvoe to do a long distance run sometimes after that i actually get my license
darkpuppet,Jul 16 2006, 04:34 AM Wrote:any video?

this club didn't allow vid cameras. the thinking is that people are more likely to ride over their heads when the film is rolling. i don't think that's a bad idea since at least 3 people dropped that day.. one badly enough to require an ambulance ride
^^Then they're technically over their heads at that point anyways?

Anyways, it's good to hear you're having a good time out there.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 19 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:^^Then they're technically over their heads at that point anyways?

Anyways, it's good to hear you're having a good time out there.
[right][snapback]198050[/snapback][/right]

yea if you drop that definitely means you were riding way way over your head...

believe it or not i was scared for the whole day.. i never went faster than 90mph on the straight since there was heavy braking down to around 40mph and a huge ass wall at the end!!! :ph34r:
we need to see more blood...

juuuuuust kidding