FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I fix this???????

[Image: error.jpg]
thats it....we need a programmer here
IE has crappy debugging...if you can get the manual to run on netscape, hit up the javascript console and see what comes up.

other than that, I'd like to see the script, but not sure if that's the same cd you've provided me.
what is that wiring diagram for?
usually it's a problem on the web page itself, and if anything go to a better web page or better web site lol......
Thing is it's not web based. It runs off DVD's. It's the Ford 1996-2004 service manual DVD set. The 1996, 1999 and 2002 CD sets i have work fine... The file stated in the error is there. when I use the file in IE it causes a security blocker for ActiveX. I've checked all the ActiveX stuff and it's all enabled.
bluetoy,Jul 15 2006, 07:03 PM Wrote:Thing is it's not web based. It runs off DVD's. It's the Ford 1996-2004 service manual DVD set. The 1996, 1999 and 2002 CD sets i have work fine...  The file stated in the error is there. when I use the file in IE it causes a security blocker for ActiveX. I've checked all the ActiveX stuff and it's all enabled.
[right][snapback]197749[/snapback][/right]

What version of IE are you running? Have you tried the DVD on another PC?

NefCAnuck
It's my only pc with DVD. I'm using IE 6.0.29
Open up IE, navigate to:

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced

Check the box that says 'Disable Script Debugging'

Boom, no more error message!

As for what's actually CAUSING the error, it appears that your install is screwed. From what I remember, the FSM discs load a frontend program on your computer, but still have to run the rest from CD. A full HD install often won't work.
Casper,Jul 16 2006, 03:28 AM Wrote:Open up IE, navigate to:

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced

Check the box that says 'Disable Script Debugging'

Boom, no more error message!

As for what's actually CAUSING the error, it appears that your install is screwed. From what I remember, the FSM discs load a frontend program on your computer, but still have to run the rest from CD. A full HD install often won't work.
[right][snapback]197774[/snapback][/right]

Almost worked!!!!!

Now I get this.

[Image: error1.jpg]

Then when I debug the error is here.

[Image: error2.jpg]

I have uninstalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled letting it do everything it wants. Same problem.
bluetoy,Jul 15 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:It's my only pc with DVD. I'm using IE 6.0.29
[right][snapback]197761[/snapback][/right]

Is that the full version number you get? Because the PC at work (XP Pro SP2) reports the version as 6.0.2900.2180. I think the last set of numbers refers to the build number, which may or may not matter in your case.

NefCanuck
Same thing was happenbing to me when you gave me the ford Cd's URL. I tried with the 00 focus manual CD and kept getting those messages. I just ended up downloading the 01 focus manual and it worked fine for me.
NefCanuck,Jul 17 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:
bluetoy,Jul 15 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:It's my only pc with DVD. I'm using IE 6.0.29
[right][snapback]197761[/snapback][/right]

Is that the full version number you get? Because the PC at work (XP Pro SP2) reports the version as 6.0.2900.2180. I think the last set of numbers refers to the build number, which may or may not matter in your case.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197844[/snapback][/right]

Yep 6.0.2900.2180. It looks like an actual script problem. Too bad I don't know s*** about how to fix it. The program works 100% except for the wiring diagrams part.
is that file you displayed on the c drive?

if so, edit it, and add the line

alert(strConnect);

right before the the line that reads cn = new ActiveXObject

save the changes, reload the page, and show me what the alert outputs (before the error gets thrown).

will go from there..
darkpuppet,Jul 17 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:is that file you displayed on the c drive?

if so, edit it, and add the line

alert(strConnect);

right before the the line that reads cn = new ActiveXObject

save the changes, reload the page, and show me what the alert outputs (before the error gets thrown).

will go from there..
[right][snapback]197859[/snapback][/right]

I find the file on the C: drive but the program seems to use another file on the DVD. When i make the change it is there in the file but the error still comes up and the editor shows the original file without the changes.
Debugging it opens a *.js file? Are you using the crappy Java that came with IE? If so, go here, and download Sun's Java applet. It actually WORKS for stuff.

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp
Yeah, it might need the newest release of the Java VM, as Casper noted above.

Also, and this is more far-fetched than anything... if you go to Add/Remove Programs, do you see an entry for MSDE with (hopeully) a descriptive title at all?

The reason I'm asking is because it looks like it's trying to open a SQL database - one that's local to your computer, and might have been part of the install. If the MSDE instance isn't there (the little database, invis. to you most likely) or it's corrupted... that will fail every time.

Check Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel and see if there is one.
I did tech support for a few years so try this.

Basicly Reinstall the newest version of IE and then update to the newest version of java.
if that does not work Id say there is some issue on the page that IE does not know how to handle.