FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Its Nice To Have Land...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as some of you know, and some of you got some teaser info,

I GOTS ME A HOUSE!

That's right ladies and germs. Finally, a place to call my own. No more staying at mommy and daddy's.

[Image: HousePic.jpg]

There's not much you can tell from the pic I have. Its basically a 2 bedroom bungalow with full basement on a 62ft x 92ft lot. Lots of room to have an outside party on in the back. She's gonna need a lot of work but I'll get her looking good.

This is gonna freakin' ROCK! :D
Dude. Three words: Housewarming party. I'll bring the burgers. And the BBQ if needed.

Super congrats - you deserve it!
Congrats! So what's first on the to do list for the new home?
thats a lot of foliage on the front the front.

when do you take possesion.
So is it a tree house or Fred Penners place?

Good going. Best of luck. 1st thing to buy is a chain saw.
nice.................what's a shack like that worth in nirthbayland?

and whoohooiwannacomeforthefreebeerparty.nonosinvited :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congrats on the first purchase!!!!
Thanks Guys.

I get to move in on August 4th. Probably gonna use the long weekend to do the work around the place.

First thing to be done is sand down and re-finish the hardwood floors and about a half dozen coates of varathane.

Then some painting and small repair work.

When time permits, I wanna replace the chain link fencing at the back and put up a nice wood fence and maybe a bigger deck.

The basement is unfinished, so that will be on the long term plans.

And yes, to calm all your queries, I will have a housewarming party sometime. B) But that will be dependent on what gets done in the first month.

Sorry meford, it will probably be BYOB. I'm going to be poor like every one is for the first few months.
Congrats man, owning a house changes a lot of things. Like your week-ends, I havent had one to myself since I got the house. But its still a lot of fun....lot of work, but its worth it at the end of the day.

Garage?
Congrats! Welcome to the land of headaches that come with homeownership!

Seriously though, having a house is AWESOME...

I mean, you can walk around all nekkid if you want, and no one would care! Unless you have the front curtains open.
Bungies RAWK! Congrats.
Congratulations on your first home.

There will always be lots to do, but you have the rest of your life to work on it.

I started on my basement about 5 years ago and it is still a work in progress. Something always comes up (re-stain deck, fix pool, landscaping, painting, etc) that takes priority.

It also takes up a lot of $$$$. You guys thought modding a car took lots of cash.
Congrats on your first new home!!! :)
dBlast,Jul 14 2006, 12:54 PM Wrote:It also takes up a lot of $$$$.  You guys thought modding a car took lots of cash.
[right][snapback]197575[/snapback][/right]

Exactly why I do renovations on the side. Guys like you who don't finish the job they started and wives that hire guys like me with endless amounts of their husband's cash. :D
Congrats dude, nothing like owning your own piece of real estate, it gives ya the warm & fuzzies I tell ya :lol:

NefCanuck