FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Much For Having A Bit Of Fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My buddy Jeff. AKA Jell-o. And his Yamaha R6
[Image: PICT1656.jpg]

Shifted up to 5th gear...hahaha
[Image: PICT1650.jpg]

Me trying to get some cool Video Footage...wait for it
[Image: PICT1652.jpg]

There it is.....
[Image: PICT1653.jpg]

Jeff about to pass me at 200 km/h.....and 4 feet away...
[Image: PICT1647.jpg]

Me passing Jeff at 170 km/h...and 5 feet away.
[Image: PICT1649.jpg]

Jeff Passing me at 265 Km/h
ZOOOOOOOM
Although I like the effect in the pics, passing by someone within 5 feet, let alone a friend, at 265km/h is absolutely insane.

IMO, this racks up there with street racing.

Next time, set up a tripod and hit the record button and walk away about 20 feet at least.
How come they're all pictures of you taking pictures from really close? What happened to the pictures or video you shot up close?

I'm with Grouchy on this one though, it is rather insane.
insane yes but you need 2 to race or a least a stopwatch
Cool, my only concern is you laying down in the road.....by the yellow line :ph34r:
Just watched the vid.

Confirms why I should never be on a bike. Thats fast. :blink:
Yes it was very fast..video really doesn't do it justice either...you have to be there to experience it...it was awesome.
Slimsride,Jul 13 2006, 09:49 PM Wrote:you have to be there to experience it...
[right][snapback]197475[/snapback][/right]

People say the same thing when they get run over.
My brother-in-law's like that... absolutely nuts on a bike. He blew his R1's motor doing a wheelie for a couple of miles down the "Sturgeon Stretch" on the Trans-Can near North Bay. He now has a new motor bolted up, runs like a Swiss watch... and he's trying to sell it to me. :D

Still, that's closer than I'd get. However, with that said... (not sure how these work yet btw)

[Image: th_davebike1.jpg]

My brother-in-law and his old bike. Shot that on the old Hi8. :)
that looks like your same buddy who dropped trying to go 160km/h on a public road after you put LEDs on his bike.. and it seems his right front turn signal hasn't been fixed after that incident

so after that close call the newest way to be stupid is to over 200km/h (again on a public road). i don't understand this. why? what is the point? we all know a yamaha r6 is a fast bike. that is just so unnecessary and stupid.

oh and tell him that jeans and sneakers are not proper riding attire ever, and especially not at the speeds he unfortunately chooses to go on public roads.

honestly. i am getting so mad typing this. that kind of irresponsible behavior is what ruins the image of bikes for the rest of us responsible riders. it makes motorcycle insurance rates high, makes police hassle us, makes car drivers drive more aggressively around us.

god. and you what are you doing lying on the ground 3ft away from a bike going that fast. you are an idiot too for putting yourself at risk to encourage this stupid s***.

grow up. get a life both of you, and tell your idiot squid buddy to wise up before he hurts himself and others.

^^^

In response to this...I know the risks, and i accepted it. Just like everyday at work, when i have to be around Running jets and walking 6 - 7 feet away from a RUNNING turbine engine...that could suck me in and spit me out like hamburger....accepted risk, besides it's my job.

I don't know what the problem is, we aren't racing anyone here, it's a closed road..no traffic, no pedestrians, just wildlife and plants...

Yes he's a nut job on a bike...is that my problem...nope...will he probably wind up hurting himself bad...maybe...whos to say...but thats him. He'll drive like that with or without a camera running, so am i gonna preach to him and shake a finger at him and say " you should really slow down".... I could, but will HE listen..nope, 21 years old and knows it all. (remember you were that age too)

as for me...I had the cam set up on a tripod..(as seen in the pic) when i passed, he decided to walk up to it at the last minute....now, do i A) Slam on my brakes at that speed and risk losing control and hitting him...or B) keep going and trust he doesn't trip on his running shoe lace. I opt for B here.

Yes I Laid in the road...risk assesment....acceptable....and thats what i did. Accepted the potential risk of being mashed into dust had something gone wrong...I accept risk everyday, crossing the road...eating popcorn (choke hazard ya know)....taking a friggin' shower (slip hazard ya know)

Yes i'm aware that FC doesn't accept street racing...however, we WEREN'T racing anyone except ourselves. I wasn't bragging about smoking a mercedes that lost control. It was a CLOSED course video shoot...and the only potential corpses would of been him and I.

You know, every once and a while someone will post a link to some guy burning up tires, or racing up and down a street "TESTING" an exhaust or something, yet no body bitches about that..i seem to see "WERD" or "TOTALLY COOL"...written after the post...

So in closing, if my friend does crack up his bike, well, then that means theres more room on the road for you i guess.
Slimsride,Jul 14 2006, 06:42 AM Wrote:I don't know what the problem is, we aren't racing anyone here, it's a closed road..no traffic, no pedestrians, just wildlife and plants...

Yes he's a nut job on a bike...is that my problem...nope...will he probably wind up hurting himself bad...maybe...whos to say...but thats him.  He'll drive like that with or without a camera running, so am i gonna preach to him and shake a finger at him and say " you should really slow down"....  I could, but will HE listen..nope, 21 years old and knows it all. (remember you were that age too)

[right][snapback]197512[/snapback][/right]

the problem is when he hurts himself.. the EMT who responds will be like 'o another stupid biker on a sportbike. and the witnesses will say the same thing, and the cops will say the same thing, and insurance co's will raise rates, etc etc.

if you told him up front you think he's an asshat on the bike and no you will not take pics of his stupidity, i think that's better than just letting him be retarded.

maybe its different since you aren't a motorcyclist. this kind of s*** just bugs me though.

Real motorcyclists used to call them SQUIDs back in the day:

http://motorcycles.about.com/cs/beginners/g/def079.htm
Telephoto lens work so good :D
they still do call em squids.. didn't think that would resonate as much as f***ing idiot on a non MC specific forum tho
a couple thoughts before I close this thread.

I don't really see the purpose of posting such video, and then expecting that only good comments are going to come from it.

I suppose I would be grouped with those that think the taking of the pictures and video was done irresponsible, but changing the title and whatnot after only a couple negative comments isn't going to gain any support.

I mean, if you can't accept the consequences of posting about it, can you really accept the consequences of something truly bad happening while doing it?

anyhoo.. this thread is closed...