FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So My Brother Just Bought Another Focus!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm new here, but most of you probably know my brother p-51 from either here or the jet. Well... he loved my little zx5 ses with gfx package that he went and traded in his Impreza WRX for a 2006 zx5 ses, with gfx and sunroof.... the only difference between our cars is that mine is red and his is silver. :D

So... I will end this by congratulating him on a well thought out purchase!! And a pre-emptive "Help me design goodies for my/his car" :)
Well, I love WRXes... especially the STi. But, economy-wise he did the right thing if that's what he wanted.

A big thing here that you might be aware of is that Ford for some reason redesigned the suspension for the 2006 Foci just enough that you can't use 2000-2005 parts. That sucks.

Congrats P-51!
which is why i was upset when i heard that he wouldn't be able to fit any of his tinkering bits on my car... but now that he's got one of his own, we can all work together and make parts of our own :)
congrats on the new car!
Congratulate him on another fine purchace. Let the MODING begin.

500th post. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
I personally would have stayed with the WRX. I really like the new 2006 Focus' but I mean, after a roadtrip with Andrew in his WRX... man oh man, definitely over the Focus.

Either way, congrats and have fun :)
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2006, 12:27 AM Wrote:I personally would have stayed with the WRX. I really like the new 2006 Focus' but I mean, after a roadtrip with Andrew in his WRX... man oh man, definitely over the Focus.

[right][snapback]197305[/snapback][/right]

yep with you on that, but i do remember P51 was saying bunch of stuff about his car loan and stuff so i guess focus is lot cheaper and most likely got a lot better lease rate. Either way imsure its not gona stay stock for long.

let the games begin. congrats.
mo_focus,Jul 12 2006, 07:40 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2006, 12:27 AM Wrote:I personally would have stayed with the WRX. I really like the new 2006 Focus' but I mean, after a roadtrip with Andrew in his WRX... man oh man, definitely over the Focus.

yep with you on that, but i do remember P51 was saying bunch of stuff about his car loan and stuff so i guess focus is lot cheaper and most likely got a lot better lease rate. Either way imsure its not gona stay stock for long.

let the games begin. congrats.
[right][snapback]197311[/snapback][/right]

if somebody wants to trade their WRX any time soon for my '02 im down :).....ok fine i'll even pay u some money

i think there were other factors other than just the cars themselves involved in the decision...
naz,Jul 13 2006, 07:55 AM Wrote:

i think there were other factors other than just the cars themselves involved in the decision...
[right][snapback]197361[/snapback][/right]

You were right on that one... who in their right mind would give up a brand new wrx?? :)

your family is OWNED by the focus!

it's a good purchase tho... the longer I wait for my stang, the more I start feeling how badly I'm going to miss the focus.
darkpuppet,Jul 13 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:your family is OWNED by the focus!

it's a good purchase tho... the longer I wait for my stang, the more I start feeling how badly I'm going to miss the focus.
[right][snapback]197375[/snapback][/right]

For the last couple of days I've been serisouly thinking of selling the focus :angry: , but I know I would regret it.
Flofocus,Jul 13 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:

For the last couple of days I've been serisouly thinking of selling the focus :angry: , but I know I would regret it.
[right][snapback]197377[/snapback][/right]

I haven't been a focus owner for long... but I've been around focuses long enough to know that you would regret giving her up... they are just too much fun!!
Hell Yeah /\/\/\/\
Flofocus,Jul 13 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:

I'll give you 2k.
asshole

EDIT: 2500 and we can talk :P
Lol.... 2600 and a bucket of chicken...
Flofocus,Jul 13 2006, 02:14 PM Wrote:

its too heavily modified. you are too far in at this point :)

EDIT: next time just get a factory turbo car and leave that sh!t alone :ph34r: j/k
i love my focus.....they r really good on gas and everything
So yeah, the news is out! :lol:

I was supposed to pick it up today, but it'll happen tomorrow. I managed to get a straight deal out of Summit Ford, but I had to pay my upsidedowness in cash. Trying to finance it just made the deal too complicated, and they were either screwing with me or they have a computer bug.

There were extenuating circumstances involved... mainly that we're trying to buy a new house in Innisfil, my wife is on maternity leave so they are counting her income as Zero, and we need to free up some "monthly payment" space for the bankers.

But, I was looking at doing this anyway. I had wanted a Focus before I got the WRX, but I couldn't fit it into my car plan at work. The WRX is awesome, and I'll miss it. But in the end it's just not worth the price, to me. It costs a lot more, it's not more fun to drive than the Focus, and really what you're paying for will only get you in trouble with the law/insurance.

I have one hooligan car already, I don't need two.

Plans would be springs, black wheels, tint, blacked out headlights and tails, intake, exhaust and maybe cams. Just some simple stuff to perk it up a bit. But, it'll take a while anyway, what with buying a new house and all.
Pages: 1 2