FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Focus' Last Major Roadtrip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, just got back from Thunder Bay today..

Left last week... drove up through dusk and killed a lot of bugs..
[Image: IMG_2834.jpg]

So washed, claybarred, waxed..
[Image: IMG_2850.jpg]

did some biking..(not pictured)
[Image: IMG_2836.jpg]

then left at 5:15am this morning...
[Image: IMG_2861.jpg]

taking pictures of the scenery at every stop...
[Image: IMG_2883.jpg]

t'was a good trip.. LOTS of sun...have a few more pics I may post later... after I sleep.
And why were you pulled over?
Nice shots btw.
euro_zx5,Jul 11 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:And why were you pulled over?
[right][snapback]197170[/snapback][/right]

collecting my invoice for the Expedient Travel Tax™
How fast and where?
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 11 2006, 09:44 PM Wrote:How fast and where?
[right][snapback]197172[/snapback][/right]

officially, 115 in a 90, about 60km west of Wawa... caught me coming down a hill around a bend. I saw the car and hit the brakes immediately to check my speed (was just cruising down the hill with whatever speed I pulled up the hill with in 5th).

which was more than enough... he was cool about it, I needed a pee break anyways, and I started paying a bit more attention... if I had left my house 10 minutes later, I would have been in the middle of traffic, unable to speed, instead of the guy out front.

OPP was out in force around wawa... lots of bikers, construction, and insano truck drivers today...

ie.. this oversized load was crawling up my ass at 120kph, I let him pass, and he went biker hunting...

[Image: IMG_2891.jpg]

hard to tell, but he's right behind that biker, and barely a single hash mark away from him.
about a half dozen of these went by in the opposite direction..
[Image: IMG_2892.jpg]

what I didn't get was the pickup out front with a big stick pointing in the air to find low underpasses before the transport did.

Actually the pickup out front is required by law for oversized/overheight loads. The pole sticking up is more for hydro wires than bridges.
the truck crowding up the bikes is chilling to me. i have seen a few pics of ppl getting dragged by those trucks. very very scary.

the ONLY time i weave the use the throttle like a f***tard in traffic is to get the heck away from big rigs behind me
Looks like a good trip overall...

When I was on a recruiting tasking for the recruiters center in North Bay, we used two brand new Mercedez G-Wagons, and we had transports riding our asses all the time. Eventually we were doing 120 in the 90 zone, and that still wasn't fast enough for them, and they were literally 10 feet off my butt...

Car looks awesome, and I'm gonna have to talk to you or Anthony about this Claybar technology...lol

Rig drivers are the worst there are, bar none. They're on a deadline, they take forever to get up to speed, therefore they won't stop for anyone.

Nice trip shots man, did you come back down via Sudbury and that deathtrap of a highway - #69?
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 12 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:Rig drivers are the worst there are, bar none. They're on a deadline, they take forever to get up to speed, therefore they won't stop for anyone.

Nice trip shots man, did you come back down via Sudbury and that deathtrap of a highway - #69?
[right][snapback]197199[/snapback][/right]

believe it or not, HWY 69 is becoming pretty dreamy.

Where it's not construction where they're widening the highway, it's a split highway anyways.... I think there was barely an hour of driving on the single lane now, and from the looks of things, there will be even less next year.

p.s. I could smell that oversized load cooking his brakes on many of the downhills...

Sounds like you had a good ride, aside from the semis crawling up your butt <_<

I was lucky, none of those shenanigans from big rigs on my Huntsville run. Had a few cars & trucks pulling that crap, but for the most part I was in the right lane so they eventually passed me and went on their merry way.

Except for one turkey in a Legacy wagon, loaded to the gills with kids & crap, hung on my six for over 10KM before I finally had enough and passed about three cars ahead of me putting some space between us (He would later pass me and dissapear into the distance, it was when he passed me that I noticed how loaded down he actually was :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:Except for one turkey in a Legacy wagon, loaded to the gills with kids & crap, hung on my six for over 10KM before I finally had enough and passed about three cars ahead of me putting some space between us (He would later pass me and dissapear into the distance, it was when he passed me that I noticed how loaded down he actually was :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197212[/snapback][/right]

was it a new 2.5GT with madd powa?
love the shot of the copper in the side mirror... that's classic!!
ZX5chica,Jul 12 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:love the shot of the copper in the side mirror... that's classic!!
[right][snapback]197242[/snapback][/right]

yeah, that's what I thought... too bad the scenery on the road wasn't better... maybe I should have led him on a short chase to the next hill for a better pic...
darkpuppet,Jul 12 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:
ZX5chica,Jul 12 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:love the shot of the copper in the side mirror... that's classic!!
[right][snapback]197242[/snapback][/right]

yeah, that's what I thought... too bad the scenery on the road wasn't better... maybe I should have led him on a short chase to the next hill for a better pic...
[right][snapback]197252[/snapback][/right]

Would the pic have been worth the fine? ;)
good pic's puppet, I liked the sunrise pic the most, plus it sounds like you have a good trip too.
naz,Jul 12 2006, 10:44 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:Except for one turkey in a Legacy wagon, loaded to the gills with kids & crap, hung on my six for over 10KM before I finally had enough and passed about three cars ahead of me putting some space between us (He would later pass me and dissapear into the distance, it was when he passed me that I noticed how loaded down he actually was :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197212[/snapback][/right]

was it a new 2.5GT with madd powa?
[right][snapback]197232[/snapback][/right]

Wasn't paying that much attention actually, I was just amazed how loaded down he was and how fast he was going (I was doing 100 in the 90 zone, if he passed me doing less than 130 loaded down like that, I'll eat my MBRP exhaust :blink: )

NefCanuck
some more pics...

clean focus..

[Image: IMG_2852.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2856.jpg]

the sunrise..

[Image: IMG_2866.jpg]

the focus overlooking the Sleeping Giant (sorry pic isn't better)...
[Image: IMG_2843.jpg]

a downhill with braking marks..

[Image: IMG_2882.jpg]

and Thunder Bay plumbing at it's best...
[Image: IMG_2838.jpg]

Nice job on the car steve, I swear, thats the cleanest i've ever seen it. :lol:
Pages: 1 2