FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus At Ctc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone who is a mechanic at CTC, No offence intended.

Father in Law brought his Focus in for E-test, Oil Change and free air cond inspection. The "mechanic " told him that he doesn't bother fixing his own air because it is too costly so he did not do the inspection. (condenser is bent from curb or something, Inspected by me). Oil change they seem to handle with out incident. E-test...Well... When the car was in the air they noticed the front struts were leaking a little and there was one cracked spring. Needless to say they told him that they could not perform an E-test until the struts and spring were repaired. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You can't even make this stuff up!!!!!

Reminds me of the time I brought my car in to CTC for an alignment and they told me they could not do one because the front tires were worn out...

No wonder CTC Mechanics are widely ridiculed by all!!!!!!!
What is CTC? Crappy Tire?
the only reason i see refusing to e-test is perhaps they are afraid of the oil getting on the rollers, which could pose a safety hazard...??
bluetoy,Jul 11 2006, 08:30 PM Wrote:Anyone who is a mechanic at CTC, No offence intended.

Father in Law brought his Focus in for E-test, Oil Change and free air cond inspection. The "mechanic " told him that he doesn't bother fixing his own air because it is too costly so he did not do the inspection. (condenser is bent from curb or something, Inspected by me). Oil change they seem to handle with out incident. E-test...Well... When the car was in the air they noticed the front struts were leaking a little and there was one cracked spring. Needless to say they told him that they could not perform an E-test until the struts and spring were repaired. :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

No wonder CTC Mechanics are widely ridiculed by all!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]197168[/snapback][/right]

Because they have to mount the car on a dyno (think big @$$ed treadmill) to perform the e-test any leaking fluids or worn suspension parts and the shop can refuse to put the car on the dyno. Those dynos are not cheap (Last I heard $250K) and so if something breaks on it and its down for repairs it becomes a big @$$ed paperweight)

For that I cannot fault Crappy Tire (The BS with the A/C test, yeah that's pardon the expression, crappy :lol:)

NefCanuck
Yes it is a saftey concern for them to refuse the dyno run due to the leaky struts and a broken spring. You need to think that they are running your car a 40kph in a stationary position. If something was to break (not saying that it would) your car, the dyno, the mechanic and the store would be damaged beyond repair. Many places don't check very closely so you will probably find another shop that will do the test for you.

It was not Canadian Tire looking to sell you some un-needed parts.