FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bell Mobility Cell Phone Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My father has a Motorola RAZR cell phone that he got about 6 months ago! He has been having stability problems for a while now. The phone is rarely in service, and when you get it into maximum 2 bars, the phone is crackly, unstable, and often drops calls.

Today I stood in the yard about 50 feet from the house and I had 2 bars displayed, he phoned me from a land line and the cell phone did not ring, and went to voicemail eventually! When we tried to collect the voicemail, the bars disappeared and 'No Service' was on the screen again.

He is obviously annoyed with this and has been to 3 Bell stores with no help being offered! He is afraid to send it away,..

Can anyone here offer any help/ideas on what to do!?

I just got a RAZR V3i ..but with Rogers' and it is stellar...4 bars all the time..even in my shop..(cinderblock walls)..while driving..in the country...its the complete opposite of his service!

..HELP!
call who you deal with tell them you are fed up and switching to another phone company and youll pay out the remaining account balance on your phones term
they dont want you to leave there company
1 of 2 things here bunny..,

1. The V3C RAZR may very well be faulty, the antenna is located in the bottom portion of the phone under neath the keypad, make sure you dont cover this area with your hands when using the cellphone, you MAY have to take it in to the nearest Bell World and have them ship it to Motorola for service, usually 1-2 weeks turnarround time, or...

2. The closest Bellus tower to you is probaly far away and your CDMA RAZR doesnt have strong enough SEEG to properly communicate with the cell network, hense the fake ring syndrome. Signal strength must be -106 or less to sustain a cellphone call, anything greater will drop your call or the call will not complete.