FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Obd-ii Reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I had a CEL hrown on the weekend and was thinking about getting a OBD reader. Can anyone suggest , recommend one? Is the one thats sold a Canadain Tire OK? Thanks

DRyanC
DRyanC,Jul 10 2006, 08:10 AM Wrote:Hey guys. I had a CEL hrown on the weekend and was thinking about getting a OBD reader. Can anyone suggest , recommend one? Is the one thats sold a Canadain Tire OK? Thanks

DRyanC
[right][snapback]196974[/snapback][/right]
Princess Auto used to carry this one for around $150, that's the one I have, works good.

http://www.troublecodes.net/articles/equus...de_reader.shtml

I only wish that the CANBUS ones were a little cheaper....x
Why not just buy an xcal2, get a tune for the car and a datalogger and code reader....Its what just $50-100 more?
hardk0re,Jul 10 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:Why not just buy an xcal2, get a tune for the car and a datalogger and code reader....Its what just $50-100 more?
[right][snapback]196989[/snapback][/right]
Try $300 with no tunes. <_<

And it's VIN locked, you can't use it for any other car, I use it for all my vehicles.

I generally charge people $10 (donation, cheaper than $80 at the dealer) to read their codes, to defray the cost of my purchase. Probably half paid off now.
The XCAL2 tunes are locked for 1 vehicle, you can do datalogging and read codes on ANY ford vehicle.

I got one on eBay for $50. Canadian seller, too. Was at my door in 2 days.
autozone reads codes for free. (are there autozones in canada?)

and don't pay more for the ones that give you a description of the code, just the code plus the internet is good enough
hardk0re,Jul 10 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:The XCAL2 tunes are locked for 1 vehicle, you can do datalogging and read codes on ANY ford vehicle.
[right][snapback]197013[/snapback][/right]
Ah, I stand corrected. :unsure: