FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Seat Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a pair of seat brackets. I went and bought my seats but nobody can find me the brackets to put them in the car. PM me if anybody has any spare ones kicking aroun. PM me a price that u want too.

Thanks
You're going to have to order them from DaSilva Racing. I can't remember who makes them but you will have to adapt a plate to mount the seats to the plate and mount the plate to the brackets. Someone here has mine and they can explain it better!
The corbeau seat brackets from DaSilva (if your in gta then pick them up there, else maybe you got a better source where you live). These backets work well to adapt almost any seat because they come with sliders. You've got a few options, but the easiest is simply getting a 1/4" thick aluminum plate (or metal), drilling holes in it to mount to the seat bracket rails, and then 4 more holes to mount the plate to the seat. This is probably the easiest way to mount any non corbeau or sparco seats.

You could probably do the same with just using two 2" strips of steel, but its really up to you at that point. I know Malby used a full sheet of steel, and I changed that to a full sheet of aluminum because it was WAY lighter, and strong enough since I used a thick aluminum plate. I toyed with using just strips of the steel or aluminum but then just figured using the sheet was good enough since it was done :P

Then I sold the brackets and seats I had...lol...if I could only add up the # of parts that were in my car then in someone elses on the board...LOL...

Hope that helps......
I bought my seat bases from JRP online. They had Sparco bases and sliders and they fit my MOMO seats perfectly. They needed to be adjusted slightly to mount to the floor. But they are FIA approved and they look nice too. 1 thing you should know is that these bases are a lot lower than the stock seats. Check the link under my signature for my photos.

Hope this helps.