FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dodge Magnum Awd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Old man is interested in Dodge Magnum V6 3.5L All-wheel-drive. I kinda like them as well at least the way they look. The car has a pretty good back room with the huge trunk.
I've driven V6 3.5L Chrysler 300 before and it was ok on power so i guess this will be the same.
Does anybody have any experience with these cars. What's good OR bad? Problems? :ph34r:
No he doesn't want R/T version :P
Thanks
Freind of mine is selling his RT for 15 900. Full load, its nice. "20 SRT wheels. Noice!

He loves it. He's a DJ and has plenty of space to haul his s*** around. His only complaint is that its $$ in gas.
Flofocus,Sep 16 2009, 07:27 AM Wrote:His only complaint is that its $$ in gas.
[right][snapback]294416[/snapback][/right]

That is exactly why my father is looking for V6 ;)
Dodge Magnums are nice cars... with some caveats...

I loved the horsepower and interior space, but wasn't a big fan of the handling -- it's a bit ambiguous... and the layout of the controls is a bit frustrating.

The only thing you really need to consider if you're getting a Magnum is that they were made by Chrysler, and due to the bankruptcy filings, Chrysler is not on the hook for any liabilities associated with any car manufactured prior to the bankruptcy filing. This includes all Dodge Magnums.

I'd be a little hesitant to buy a car with such liabilities considering how many great other cars there are out there.

darkpuppet,Sep 16 2009, 08:30 AM Wrote:Dodge Magnums are nice cars... with some caveats...

I loved the horsepower and interior space, but wasn't a big fan of the handling -- it's a bit ambiguous... and the layout of the controls is a bit frustrating. 

The only thing you really need to consider if you're getting a Magnum is that they were made by Chrysler, and due to the bankruptcy filings, Chrysler is not on the hook for any liabilities associated with any car manufactured prior to the bankruptcy filing.  This includes all Dodge Magnums.

I'd be a little hesitant to buy a car with such liabilities considering how many great other cars there are out there.
[right][snapback]294420[/snapback][/right]

He wants to stay in the range of $12k-15k
used dodge magnums should be going for pretty cheap :P .. though I'd recommend an R/T over the v6 -- horsepower of a v8, fuel mileage of a 4 cylinder (if you don't hop on the gas too much).
Found black one with 86K fully loaded just without leather, remote starter,tints, r/t rims, awd.
He's asking $12,500.

I think if we give him $12 firm that's a good price for this vehicle.
NikiterZTS,Sep 16 2009, 08:49 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 16 2009, 07:27 AM Wrote:His only complaint is that its $$ in gas.
[right][snapback]294416[/snapback][/right]

That is exactly why my father is looking for V6 ;)
[right][snapback]294418[/snapback][/right]

Tell him to take a closer look at the real world #'s. Im gonna say the fuel mileage is not far in between the V6 and hemi.
Flofocus,Sep 16 2009, 10:49 AM Wrote:Tell him to take a closer look at the real world #'s.  Im gonna say the fuel mileage is not far in between the V6 and hemi.
[right][snapback]294433[/snapback][/right]

the numbers are similar due to the variable displacement of the Hemi engine. At cruise, it cuts out half the cylinders... So as long as you're not hammering on the gas all the time, the car is pretty reasonable for mileage.
^^I'll keep that in mind.
There are a couple R/T AWD Magnums out there right now.
how a bought this :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

420hp and brembos

^^^425!

and no.....no...no no no
FYI: the SRT8's don't have variable displacement.
Well I can tell you as Chrysler is one of my accounts at work 3 things to watch out for are

1. Oil and tranny leaks are common on the V6's - I don't know why but the R/T models don't have this issue as much unless they are over the 160,000 mark.
2. Excessive wear and tear on the interior body trim pannels as the plastics are extremely cheap and scrach under the lightest of pressure. Also because of the hard plastics in the door trim expect broken arm rests or very worn ones.
3. blown or very weak air conditioning, often thats a sign that the a/c compresser is on its way out.

Also you should make sure that the all the recall work is done as there are a few major ones out there like over heating seat heaters that caused 1st, and 2nd degree burns or caused the car to catch fire, tranny recalls, and something related to the rear 12v outlets shorting out if corroded (which may cause a fire)

Also with the R/t Version it's very common to find the Navagation system if your parents are looking in to having that, just make sure you get the nav disk with the car, other wise it's a $200 replacement disk from chrysler with taxes, one more thing to watch out for is most people who own these wagons never really take care of them and most of the time they are really drive the piss out of, so make sure you get it really checked out as at my work we get a lot of magnums with clams, usually acc/rep w/ struct.
lol just a suggestion

NikiterZTS,Sep 16 2009, 07:41 PM Wrote:^^^425!

and no.....no...no no no
[right][snapback]294450[/snapback][/right]
Make sure all the transmission TSB's have been completed. They have a pretty serious problem with water leaking into the transmission on the 05 and 06 models. Otherwise on my RWD V8. I average 19.8 MPG Mixed and about 25 Highway.

My 300 has been pretty reliable so far. In 150,000km I've had to do 2 Tie rods and a ball joint. Outside of regular maintenance. Well, and a transmission.... but that's because the TSB wasn't performed and the transmission filled with water.
^^back from dead?

Whats TSB?
Thanks Steve
NikiterZTS,Sep 17 2009, 10:39 AM Wrote:^^back from dead?

Whats TSB?
Thanks Steve
[right][snapback]294493[/snapback][/right]

Not Quite back from the dead.... I just help where I can... lol

This TSB

Transmission TSB
Hey man! nice to see you're alive!
[...]

the ONLY time a dodge will be at my house is if my wanker Brother in law steals my sisters X-Type jag and unloads his ugly Bucket of bolts 300c that already had a 11k engine put in it after it fired a few pistons horizontal out of the block thats only 3 years old (and before you ask its the V8 Hemi, what a joke engine) its been into dodge more times then my pile of focus for common probs/recalls/strangle the bastard service techs at Concept Ford

and before you ask
and yes he and his family knows how much I utterly HATE dodge
Pages: 1 2 3