FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Baby!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, As you guys know the Focus is for sale and I got my truck last week. It's a 2001 F150 SuperCrew XLT 5.4L Triton. Honestly, my focus was harder on gas!!!! NO JOKE!!! I make way more KM's on a tank they my focus and I don't need to put super(gas). Only plan is putting a rocker panel molding stainless steel to hide the goldish parts...That's it for now....In about a month im doing custom dual rear side exhaust. And maybe removing the SunVisor...Not sure yet about it.....Im maybe going to like it but I don't know...Can't decide.

Don't have now cuz I don't have a Focus anymore.....But Flo!!!!!! We need to figure out how to put my two subs in there man!!!

Here are pictures:

[Image: IM000231.jpg]

[Image: IM000230.jpg]

[Image: IM000229.jpg]

[Image: IM000233.jpg]

[Image: IM000232.jpg]

[Image: IM000234.jpg]
She's a beauty dude. Congrats!
Nice truck, guess this is what happens when you work at action trucks heh....the guys bugged you about your focus so you caved in and bought a truck. :P :lol:

As soon as my engine is in, I have two projects on the run after....putting some guys sirius radio molded into his dash and another that wants subs with a suede enclosure :blink:

I can fit you in after that, trucks are sweet for mouting subs!!
Nice.

Needs a tint and drop. :P
Yeah I don't know what is up with the focus and gas mileage. I thought it was good at the time but even in the Volvo I just got, I'm getting WAY better gas mileage even though the ratings say the focus should be killing the S40 in mileage..... strange for sure.

Nice truck, congrats!!!
Well, the fuel thingy is very easy to figure out....the Focus only has a 2.0L 130 hp powerplant to propel 1975+ lbs at highwayspeed, or just in town. In order to get a Focus to move with haste, you need to keep your foot into the throttle more often, including holding speeds on the highway when you aren't using cruise.

Other vehicles like the S40 or your truck have larger powerplants, that generate a LOT more than 130hp. They require less fuel because they require less effort to propel the vehicle to the same speed.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Oh yeah, my fuel economy varies, but usually I can drive from Petawawa to Brantford on a single tank if I drive 20 over the speed limit the whole way....that's between 550 and 600 km's...
^^ yup makes complete sense! :)

I just thought it was strange how they rate the MPG thing say on the 'window stickers' when you buy the car. They are never near that. Yeah the S40 has 168HP where the focus I had was around 130HP. The Volvo weighs more though but regardless, not trying to hijack the thread.

Thanks for the explanation.....
Congrats mang...

My focus sucked on gas pretty bad too. I'm getting the same milage in my 300 with an engine almost 3 times its size.
Nice truck! I had an 02 XTR 5.4 for a couple of days as a loner while my SVT was in for service and I really liked it, they only problem is that I could never justify such a vehicle as I have absolutley no use for it.
that thing is massive!
Nice truck, but I can't figure out how you're saying that the truck is returning better mileage that the Focus. Unless you floored the Focus everywhere you went ;)

'course I found out the secret of the Focus decent gas mileage, highway driving & cruise control, otherwise ouch :lol:

NefCanuck
It may go farther on a tank of gas (500-600km's) but it probably holds 90 litres.

Mine does.
It needs bumpernutz..... some nice chrome ones...

honestly nice truck...not kidding about the bumpernutz :)
Congrats!