FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Things To Do In Downtown Toronto?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any suggestions.

Wifey-pooh says the weather is supposed to be very nice, and we're going to Molson Ampitheater Saturday evening to see Great Big Sea.

Now, she asks what time I want to go, seeing as its supposed to be really nice out. You'd think she'd be the one to make suggestions on things to do. I think she is like me -- she lives there, and therefore, can't think of anything to do. (people ask me what to do in Niagara Falls, and I draw a blank).

Any suggestions?

Difficulty:
1) preferably cheap
2) NOT the indy.
3) no goats or other farm animals.
4) no hookers, strippers, meford's mom.

go out for something to eat at the rich tree
the foods great
its on the corner of young and front same building as the hockey hall of fame
u's wont be dissapointed
Screw the restaurant, go to the HHOF! :D
^^ X2.

We're heading there sometime this summer for sure as we lay siege to the GTA for a week or so.
There's the distillery district as well. They sometimes have little performances on the stage there, and they have resturants and artsy stuff I think as well.

http://www.animekiksazz.com/gallery/displa...e.php?pos=-2174
http://www.animekiksazz.com/gallery/displa...e.php?pos=-2177

And I do believe there's a brewery in there, which is fitting.

I'm sure there's something else downtown, but I can't think of anything else, thought of the HHOF, but that was already mentioned.
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 6 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:Screw the restaurant, go to the HHOF!    :D
[right][snapback]196590[/snapback][/right]

We went to the hall of fame last month. Was pretty nice, but small. And we got see fake cup #2. Only takes a couple of hours to go through it. I want to do the shooting & goal activities, but too many snot-nosed rats in the way.

Hey, what's wrong with stripper's and my MOM???

You could try swimming at Q-beach?
Riding the subway and other things riding you?
Casaloma?
Look like she has decided that we're going to Ontario Place to hang out for the afternoon.

Nothing wrong with strippers & yer mom, meford. I don't think Mish would approve though, for some odd reason.

will see what other suggestions we cna come up with though, i'm always looking for outdoor activities in the summer.

I suppose, if we found an empty subway car, I could talk her into riding me.
Steam Whistle Brewing at the bottom of the CN tower is something to see. It is in the old round house. You may have trouble getting to Ontario Place. The INDY has Lakeshore closed and you cannot access the grounds from the GO station. Be sure to call and ask about how to access the parking area.
well I have a few ideas that are relitivly cheap but can be done over a long ammount of time.

1. Centre ville island, it's super cheap, and there is lots to do for every one that goes there, if you like the beach there are a few to choose from including a clothing optional one, there are a few kiddie rides there along with lots and lots of walking paths and historical points of interest, not to mention when you take the boats back be sure to do it after sunset as you get to see it setting over the city, and you then see all the lights reflecting off the lake, its really romantic too, and there are a few food places there that are really good for the budget minded, parking is extra.

2. Canada's Wonderland - it can be expencive but really if your going for the fun of it, it can be enjoyable on a budget, just make sure you hit a Mac's store before going as they sell passes that will save you about $20 on entry. Parking is $10, and food can be a bit pricey but there is a subway across the street, along with a few places to eat at, and you can re-enter the park as many times as you wish at anytime during the day with your hand stamp.

3. If your into to Gaming, there is always Sega City at Square One Mississagua, and you can get play all day passes, and there is a resturant in Playdum, and there are many games to choose from, including rock climbing, go-carts ( extra ) and batting cadges.

4. Not sure on the location but there is the new Olympic themed museum / attraction next door to the Eaton Centre, I have never been there myself, so I can't say how much it would cost, or what parking will be like.

5. The ROM is always a good idea as well, when there is an showcase on going there you can spend the whole day in there looking at different things all day long for about $30, not Including parking, and there are many resturants in the area to choose from, from bistro style to fast food.

6. The Science Centre is always another good attraction, it's been a while since I've been there but they are always having something going on monthly and most of their featured exhibits and regular exhibits are all interactive.

7. Toronto Zoo - really good idea if you like to look at animals, and there is always something going on there, plus it's a great idea if you love to walk and take pictures of animals, and and exhibits. Down side to the T.O. Zoo is Parking is $18.00 for one car!

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
We're also hitting the Toronto Zoo and the CN Tower. The tower is the more expensive of the two for what you get (also dollar amount), but it's a "must do" in my books. Even though I've already been up (and ate at 360), Sara's never been. That's changing this summer.

The Zoo, if you're an animals person, never gets old. If we could come down more, I'd have memberships for the both of us. As for the parking... :o it never used to be that bad before!

EDIT - I just checked the website, it says $8 to park. Asked my wife, she figures it was double digits. I don't recall, honestly. I'm terrible for remembering what I've spent... perfect when buying parts! :lol:

$20 to park .. and $20 a head to get it .. can make it costly .. but it is a great day and you would get plenty of sun at the zoo