FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 16 Or 15" Zx5 Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to pick up a set of either 16 or 15" rims for my winter tires for my new ZX5. If anyone has a pair kicking around that would fit my car, please PM me. Preference for picking them up as close to Ottawa as possible!!
I have a set of 16" 6 spoke zx5 wheels w/ snowtires for sale

tires have been used for 2 seasons... about 28000km

good for a couple more seasons.

Located in Mississauga ontario

For 400.. i'll meet half way

EDIT: 375 Picked up...
I've got a set aswell. It comes with black steeles, its got less then one winter on it.

If you like more info let me know. I have to get the name for the tires. Its a copy of the x-ice. 195-60-15's

Can you get me more info on those please?? I was going to buy a new set of Arctic Alpin or Blizzaks or something like that.

What's the use on the tires?? Large factor in my descision
i have a set of stock 16s off a 2005 zx5 ses for sale
and just so you know 15s wont fit the 2005 and up zx5's
05blackzx5,Jul 12 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:i have a set of stock 16s off a 2005 zx5 ses for sale
[right][snapback]197264[/snapback][/right]

Good to know about the 15"s... I was told at the dealership there would be no problem having them fit the new car.... I was ready to go out and buy a pair of 15s.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Quote:Good to know about the 15"s... I was told at the dealership there would be no problem having them fit the new car.... I was ready to go out and buy a pair of 15s.
Thanks!
[right][snapback]197369[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You seem to be talking about only getting/buying a "Pair" of wheels for your winter tire set-up.

The conventional wisdom says you should only install winter tires on all four wheels. You would be better off without winter tires if you only plan on putting two on your car.

Cheers.

Quote:Good to know about the 15"s... I was told at the dealership there would be no problem having them fit the new car.... I was ready to go out and buy a pair of 15s.
Thanks!
[/quote]

You seem to be talking about only getting/buying a "Pair" of wheels for your winter tire set-up.

The conventional wisdom says you should only install winter tires on all four wheels. You would be better off without winter tires if you only plan on putting two on your car.

Cheers.
[right][snapback]197392[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

nice catch... pair was the wrong choice of word... :)
ZX5chica,Jul 13 2006, 07:52 AM Wrote:
05blackzx5,Jul 12 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:i have a set of stock 16s off a 2005 zx5 ses for sale
[right][snapback]197264[/snapback][/right]

Good to know about the 15"s... I was told at the dealership there would be no problem having them fit the new car.... I was ready to go out and buy a pair of 15s.

Thanks!

Hmmm, interesting. Can anyone else confirm the first statement? If other 06 Focus' come with 15" rims (including ZX3, ZX4, and wagon), why wouldn't you be able to fit 15's on the ZX5??? :unsure: Larger/different brakes just on the ZX5 doesn't make sense...
SVT ZX3,Jul 13 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:Hmmm, interesting. Can anyone else confirm the first statement? If other 06 Focus' come with 15" rims (including ZX3, ZX4, and wagon), why wouldn't you be able to fit 15's on the ZX5??? :unsure: Larger/different brakes just on the ZX5 doesn't make sense...
[right][snapback]197465[/snapback][/right]
The first statement was incorrect.

The standard wheel for 2005 (and 06) is 15" which is up from 14" for 00-04 to accomodate the bigger rotor. All Foci get the same front brakes so 15" wheels will fit all models for 05 +.
alrighty... thanks for clearing that up!!
ZTWsquared,Jul 13 2006, 10:08 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Jul 13 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:Hmmm, interesting. Can anyone else confirm the first statement? If other 06 Focus' come with 15" rims (including ZX3, ZX4, and wagon), why wouldn't you be able to fit 15's on the ZX5??? :unsure: Larger/different brakes just on the ZX5 doesn't make sense...
[right][snapback]197465[/snapback][/right]
The first statement was incorrect.

The standard wheel for 2005 (and 06) is 15" which is up from 14" for 00-04 to accomodate the bigger rotor. All Foci get the same front brakes so 15" wheels will fit all models for 05 +.
[right][snapback]197499[/snapback][/right]

As I suspected, but thank you for clearing that up though.
Im in Ottawa....If u still need some gimme a pm.