FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another Focus Not Coming To Na
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yet another chance for Ford to bring the new Focus to NA but for now a Euro only machine. This thing looks amazing so much so that my wife loves the look and she metioned that she would mind owning one.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/060704-7.htm

[Image: 2099029980.jpg]

[Image: 2164089057.jpg]

Laterz :)
Nice looking car, but it won't make it here b/c that focus is way more upclass than the focus offered here. Until the NA focus isn't considered an entry level car here, we will continue to get the cheaper less appealing versions.
looks like a volvo
meh
-sigh- That is such a nice little droptop, shame it'll never make it here :(

NefCanuck
Buy and S40 vert....done.
well I made my opinion here on how ford could get them here, if they brought over the icon, or Fiesta here, to replace the focus in that segment, but really if ford of america wanted to bring it here they could as it would be Real compition for the Japanese brands in the same segment, such as the corrola, accord, camery, altima, sentra, and lancer.
If they left the damn Focus Mk2 as competition for the Japs they'd be fine... not letting the 05+ Foci languish with just a sheetmetal upgrade and po' boy Duratecs.

No proper SVT / ST - sad pandas
No 2.3 option for the SES series - sad pandas
Soft as 00-04 stock suspension bits (except ST) - sad pandas

But really... would it cost that much to do a proper upgrade / import of the C1? Something tells me that given the way the Mk1 was embraced here... they'd sell like wildfire. Hell, just turn up the 2.3L's punch if they don't want to give us a boosted 5-cyl from the UK Focus ST. If they can get 170 BHP out of a Zetec on 91 octane, they can most likely get 170 out of the Duratec 2.3 on 87/89 and 180-190 on 91 I'd say.

*shakes head*

EDIT - I just noticed the 2.3L Fusion motor gets 160HP, almost 10 more than the Focus ST, on 87 Octane. I'll pull out my Shadetree Mechanic calculator and speculate they could easily run 180BHP on 87 octane with the 2.3L Duratec.
I agree with NOS here, i'm sure Ford would see a HUGE increase in sales if they bumped up the hp/tq figures on the 2.3 litre Duratec and made it available in the SES Focus and what not. Although that convertible and Euro ST would be nice to have here..........
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 5 2006, 07:01 AM Wrote:If they left the damn Focus Mk2 as competition for the Japs they'd be fine... not letting the 05+ Foci languish with just a sheetmetal upgrade and po' boy Duratecs.

No proper SVT / ST - sad pandas
No 2.3 option for the SES series - sad pandas
Soft as 00-04 stock suspension bits (except ST) - sad pandas
[right][snapback]196435[/snapback][/right]

Here's aquestion for you though, can the stock Focus slushbox handle the increased torque / HP numbers that the 2.3L puts out over the long haul?

Because I believe that there is no way Ford will stuff the 2.3L in the SES model if it can't be mated to the existing slushbox (They aren't going to build a new one just for a model with a limited market IMO) The SES isn't the preformance model, that's the ST's assignment anyways, the SES is the "plush" model.

NefCanuck
Performance is supposed to be equated with the Focus, according to all of their websites. So, why not? If not a tuned 2.3, the stock 2.3 for sure.

And as for the auto, I'm sure a minor clutchpack change would fix that, easily. Remember, PowerWorks is running a blower through theirs and no internals were changed... just shift parameters.
REPOSTAGE

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...hl=focus+cabrio

PS, nice car but the focus only plays one role for Ford on this side of the pond. :( Get used to it.
SVT ZX3,Jul 5 2006, 09:55 AM Wrote:REPOSTAGE

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...hl=focus+cabrio

PS, nice car but the focus only plays one role for Ford on this side of the pond. :(  Get used to it.
[right][snapback]196459[/snapback][/right]

I know that this had been brought up before but now its official that a hard top convertible is going to Europe but not NA. NOS good points one and all Ford NA still doesn't get the finer points of selling compacts in NA and they will suffer for it, If Ford keeps this up the Focus will be a fleet car for rental agencies and will surelly die a slow death like the Taurus did wich will make us all sad pandas.

Laterz :)