FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toronto To Get A World Class Soccer Stadium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after reading this news report ( Found here on this CTV News Link ) and after hearing most of the wise crack about soccer in general in other threads, I have to admit it's a good idea that we are finally getting a Soccer Stadium that meets the world class standards, but it makes me question would the avarage Canadian go to see a soccer match there?
I'm pretty sure theres a good market for a stadium such as that. I know a bunch of my friends would go all the time
Frost__2001,Jul 4 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:...would the avarage Canadian go to see a soccer match there?
[right][snapback]196347[/snapback][/right]

Yes. I think so at least.
I have 4 season tickets for Toronto FC's 1st season and that also gets me tickets to the Under20 World Championship that Canada is hosting next year. As for a World class stadium I don't think so with a capacity of only 20,000 people in Europe it would be one of the smallest stadiums most of the newer stadiums in Europe hold at least 50,000 people altough from the design of the stadium there is allot of room to upgrade the capacity to allot more.

Laterz :)
euro_zx5,Jul 5 2006, 01:52 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jul 4 2006, 03:54 PM Wrote:...would the avarage Canadian go to see a soccer match there?
[right][snapback]196347[/snapback][/right]

Yes. I think so at least.
[right][snapback]196499[/snapback][/right]

I'd enter an immigration joke here, but I think it's more wise to just shut the hell up.