FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Autocross .. 02 July..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't do so good, as the CAI on the car dumped me into STS class.

Plus I stayed in Novice class also... that dumped me into 6th place out of 8 novice entries.

HAD I KNOWN there were only *2* non-novice STS entries... I would have not gone novice, and won 3rd by default!

Makes me a sad panda.
if the class is that small, they sometimes dont give out a 3rd or even a 2nd. don't be too bummed about it. did you have fun, did your times drop? if its yes and yes then the day was a good one!!

Oh I had a blast, and my times definately got better, except for my last run, I was really pushing it and ended up nearly spinning out a couple of times.

Raw times:
Me:
73.645, 72.43, 72.168, 71.55, 70.925, 71.125

Dave in his ST:
68.477, 67.308, 67.003, 67.007, 67.181+2, 67.81, 67.003

Kinda sucky.. same year car.. SES vs. ST. I wish I had gotten an ST for sure.
what is a ST? 2.3L motor instead of the 2.0L in the SES?

it always helps to have more power this is true. those two motors are close enough i think the driver could make up the difference
where is this track?
NikiterZTS,Jul 15 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:where is this track?
[right][snapback]197725[/snapback][/right]

autocross aren't held at tracks, they are in parking lots. i'm not sure how you find autocross events in canada. if you are in the northeast US go to http://www.autoX4u.com and there is a compilation of autoX event times and locations there
naz,Jul 15 2006, 09:55 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jul 15 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:where is this track?

autocross aren't held at tracks, they are in parking lots. i'm not sure how you find autocross events in canada. if you are in the northeast US go to http://www.autoX4u.com and there is a compilation of autoX event times and locations there
[right][snapback]197758[/snapback][/right]

ok thanks

how much is it usually to get in?
NikiterZTS,Jul 15 2006, 10:53 AM Wrote:where is this track?

let us know what area you are in and im sure there are people on here that can direct to a local auto-x club website.

I am pretty much the only focus that comes out to the auto-x's in Vancouver, so if your in that region, i can let u know all about it.

Norm
naz,Jul 15 2006, 09:55 PM Wrote:how much is it usually to get in?
[right][snapback]197769[/snapback][/right]

Its usually about $20-25 for the day down here. Thats for anywhere from 4-6 runs, plus "fun runs" afterwards that don't count towards points.

Kumho Tires - Autocross Info

I don't know what the Canadian counterpart to the SCCA is, but i'm sure one exists.

Canadian Autocross Clubs
the canadian counterpart as far as i know is the CACC

actually, looking into it that is the one for the BC region, there are a couple of teritorial delegates all across the country link here