FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transformers Movie Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transformers Trailer

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

:D :D :D
I watched Transformers when I was a kid but I never grasped the story behind thm, well because I was small. How did they come to be?
I don't ever think they ever had any kind of backstory about them at all.

I don't know. I just loved the show. I cried the day I lost my Optimus Prime action figure.
Didn't really show all that much in the trailer.

And to answer malbys question, the transformers originated on another planet, called cybertron if i recall. They're planet was enduring a civil war when megatron and the dececptycons left, followed by the autobots. They ended up on the same ship which crashed on earth. Atleast thats the transformers i remember.
I've seen screenshots from the CGI work done so far and I've gotten bits and pieces of the storyline.

It's a "re-imaging" that makes this original generation one Transformer fanboy very, VERY.... unhappy <_<

NefCanuck
Sooo.... why is that transformer on Mars?

Please oh please tell me they're not from Mars....
Has Hollywood run out of ideas?
Transformers from Mars... cause in all the madness, they really needed to justify the space budget? :D

And yes, Cybertron was the original planet. Perhaps it sounded a tad close to "cyberpron" for the kiddies? :lol:

I wonder if they'll bastardize Energon as well... Iraqi oil anyone?
nass,Jul 1 2006, 08:48 AM Wrote:Has Hollywood run out of ideas?
[right][snapback]196112[/snapback][/right]

Hollywood went bankrupt a long time ago the next craptacular movie that I saw a trailer too the last time I went to a theatre was for Miami Vice and that looked like s***e. How many old tv shows must Hollywood bastardise before they actually come up with an original idea for a movie again?

PS: I loved the originals I have them on DVD and they did a great job on the transfers, also if you need more backstory than the originals offer you can piece some of it together from Transformers: The Beast Wars.

Laterz :)
That's not a true "trailer", it's just a teaser. The Mars footage isnt going to be used in the movie either, according to Michael Bay. (Teaser is also up on http://www.transformersmovie.com)

The movie should be good even if the story is junk, the special effects and the cars will make it worthwhile. And as far as it not following exactly the storyline of the original cartoon.. well that's just a dumb idea. There's no way to make all the obsessive fanboys happy, we're better off with a fresh standalone sort of story. As long as there arent too many glaring inconsistancies I can live with Megatron being a tank rather than an incredible growing/shrinking handgun, and we'll get some new cars rather than everything circa 1984.
^^You need your old avatar back. You're the resident Transformers nut if memory serves, Steve. :D
i think he actually has a tattoo of transformers on him.

I dont care, that movie is gonna be SICK!!
Hmm, gonna have to go and investigate the website now...
Yeah I guess you could call me some sort of Transformers geek.

Pardon the hairy pasty chicken leg, but this is on my leg:
[Image: Picture_040.jpg]

^^ AHHH! Evil Decepticon Moderator! :ph34r:
As soon as i saw the shadow i knew what it was... i didn't see the trailer until last night at the pirates screening and had't heard anything of the movie being made.... i wonder how good it will be