FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No O/d This Morning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well after the meet last night I drove to Scarborough to drop off Lindsey and everything was fine. I left Scarborough and go home to South Etobicoke and everything was still fine. I get up and head out to work this morning and start down the road, the transmission is shifting thru the gears and all of a sudden the trans feel like its in neutral. I am like WTF, that aint right. so I slow down a little down shift in to 2 and it re-engages. I turn off the O/D and it up shifts into 3rd.

I turn the O/D back on and it started slipping again. I am not happy at this point. luckily I am close to work and I don't have to travel on any highways to get to and from work. I pull into the parking lot at work and check the tranny fluid and it is just fine. Not low at all. Doesn't even smell burnt.

I called the dealer and tell them about my problem and they give me a song and dance about not having a tranny tech and it will take some time to have it looked at. Also they said that if it is the transmission it probably wont be looked at until after the long weekend. I am pissed. :angry:
How many kilometers and have you ever had it flushed / filter changed?

Could also be an ECU thing as well. Ever smacked your transmission pan at all? Might want to check that, as impeded fluid flow (without loss, I might add) causes EXACTLY that. We smacked ours, never leaked a drop, and had just that between Sudbury and North Bay 2 winters ago.
The car has 80100Kms and it is a 2002. The transmission was flushed when I bought the car 1 year ago at 50000Kms. I have all my services done at the dealer and I am never late with maintenance. I haven't "smacked" the pan. I was actually under the car over the weekend just looking around and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
Took it for a spin at lunch and now the trans doesn't slip in O/D but the check engine light is on. I did the Odometer button turn the car on trick to see if there were any codes and their wasn't any.

I am still waiting on Ford to call me back. I will give them until 3pm and then I am calling again.
go to any dealer or go to a tranny shop if your outside of the powertrain warrenty

i don't know why people always insist on going to dealers
Ya if your outta warrenty then go to another tranny shop. My dealership wanted to charge me $3300 to put a clutch and diff in my tranny (I understand yours is Automatic) but if they say they need to pull the tranny for ANYTHING at the dealership theres $545.10 right there, and they didn't even FIX anything yet. Other tranny shops will be ALOT cheaper than that.
see what getting engaged gets you, your car doesn't want to share you!

as the others said take it else where, why would anyone take their cars to the dealer!?!
nass,Jun 27 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:as the others said take it else where, why would anyone take their cars to the dealer!?![right][snapback]195573[/snapback][/right]

I took mine to the dealer cause my tranny was a Ford warrany issue!
It's all about having the proper relationship with them, especially if it's outside of warranty. I've never had a problem with the dealer and work being done, and we've been outside of our warranty for over a year.
microbunny,Jun 27 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:
nass,Jun 27 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:as the others said take it else where, why would anyone take their cars to the dealer!?![right][snapback]195573[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]195586[/snapback][/right]

and that's why your tyre was slashed.
nass,Jun 27 2006, 06:32 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 27 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]195586[/snapback][/right]

and that's why your tyre was slashed.
[right][snapback]195594[/snapback][/right]

Careful there sparky, that's libelous without proof to back it up ;) :rofl:

/me takes off his anal legal hat :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 27 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:Careful there sparky, that's libelous without proof to back it up ;) :rofl:

[right][snapback]195596[/snapback][/right]
Watch it Mister.

I didn't have anything to do with this -- and to imply that is equally libellous.

OAC Sparky
schade,Jun 27 2006, 05:51 PM Wrote:go to any dealer or go to a tranny shop if your outside of the powertrain warrenty

i don't know why people always insist on going to dealers
[right][snapback]195562[/snapback][/right]

Because the focus has a 2 mile long recall list so it might be free lol.;
I do have warranty and that is why it is going to the dealer. I paid for the extended coverage good thru 140000Kms. I drop it off tomorrow morning and I am going to be sure to write on the page you have to sign not to do any work that is not covered under warranty without aproval from me before starting anything. Aparently they need to take it to another dealer because Thorncrest does not have a transmission tech at the moment. But of course now it is working just fine with the exception of the check engine light.

And another thing, my car loves Lindsey except for the fact she spilled rootbeer on the floor last night. Maybe the rootbeer caused all my problems.
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 28 2006, 01:37 AM Wrote:I do have warranty and that is why it is going to the dealer.  I paid for the extended coverage good thru 140000Kms.  Ill drop it off tomorrow morning and I am going to be sure to write on the page you have to sign not to do any work that is not covered under warranty without aproval from me before starting anything. 

[right][snapback]195623[/snapback][/right]

Good make sure you do that! You don't want to get stuck in my situation, which is still being worked out. Hopefully Ford takes care of you just fine.
Did you check your tranny fluid level?
OAC_Sparky,Jun 27 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 27 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:Careful there sparky, that's libelous without proof to back it up ;) :rofl:

[right][snapback]195596[/snapback][/right]
Watch it Mister.

I didn't have anything to do with this -- and to imply that is equally libellous.

OAC Sparky
[right][snapback]195606[/snapback][/right]

Whoopsie, that's a big fat mea culpa on my part. Sorry :lol: ;)

/me makes note to remember to not use other usernames when stating opinions

NefCanuck
Well first they said it was an internal servo. They did a flush and cleaned something else and cleared the codes and want me to drive it for the weekend to see if it will happen again. So I will have it back tonight at 5pm. I hope I don't get stuck on the side of HWY 11 this weekend.
Well I didn't make it to HWY11. I was on my way home last night from the GF's and it did it again. I was getting off the Gardiner West at Lakeshore and I slow down to the posted 60KM. I coast algong for a bit and I then press the gas to carry on. I press the gas and......... Vroom, Vroom. NOTHING. I am pissed. So I pressed the O/D button and thunk, it pops into 3rd and goes. So I start playing with it. Trying it out at different speeds. From a stop it will go thru 1st, 2nd, 3rd and soo as it hits O/D it feels like I reached over and pushed it into Neutral.

SO, I am back to the dealer this morning. I do not want this to happen while I am up north. I don't feel like turning 4000 rpm's + to keep up with traffic. Plus the fuel economy would kill me.

I wish they would have fixed it the first time it was in. :angry:
Well now they can't fix it until Tuesday. So I am not going away for the weekend. They can't get me a rental and I am not driving the 400 and 11 highways in 3rd gear. I AM SO UPSET. WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST FIX IT YESTERDAY? Now my weekend is ruined.

At least the beer is just as cold here as it is up north.
Pages: 1 2