FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New 2006 Volvo S40 *pics*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Figured I'd post up a few pics I took this past weekend of my (our) new 2006 Volvo S40 2.4i. The car has the bigger of the two packages included with it. There is a premium package that adds a bunch of upgrades and then a sport package which includes everything in the premium package plus some other things (this is the one we got). We also got the sunroof upgrade also.

Planning to tint the back windows very slightly, NO darker then 35% and probably more in the 40's as far as percentage. Also planning to order in the Volvo S40 spoiler and maybe next spring, Volvo's ground effects kit....

Anyway pics are below, figured I'd share them on this site also......

[Image: NewVolvoPics-1.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-2.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-3.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-4.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-5.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-6.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-7.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-8.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-9.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-10.jpg]

[Image: NewVolvoPics-11.jpg]
Nice and classy Chad. I love the Volvo style.. but an automatic? Where's the fun in that..
Very nice. Is that last pic actually your car or just taken from somewhere? Either way innovative use of space behind the stero/HVAC controls.
yeah I love the new Volvos, more so as they look sharpe, and their thin dash pannels / controls

Love the pic's Chad, must say looks really good but I don't know why but it looks strange without a spoiler on the trunk.
The last pic is off the VOLVO website, I posted it up to show the opening behind the center console.

Automatic cause my fiancee can't drive a manual plus we've been looking into some late 60's restored 'fun for Chad' cars :) so we'll see with that. I've also looked into getting a sport bike but thinking twice about that.

For the record, the Volvo 2.4i is 'on par' with the Focus ST, 1/4 mile times are 0.1 seconds apart with the speeds the same, so this car does reasonably, for what I need it to, move....

Frost, planning to get that spoiler ASAP. The thing with Volvo's is that it takes a long time to get them over here. Right now, they can only bring in new 2007's and a dealer transfer (probably from Quebec) would run $1500 or so extra. Basically saying that Volvo is unique as the 'accessories' are rarely installed on this car by the factory. Most of the accessories, if not all, are 'dealer installed' so you actually order them later OR luck out and have a dealership pre-install the item before it his the lot.

So yeah, spoiler assuming sometime Late July, Early August. Planning to tint the back windows just slightly, around 40% or whatever, lighter then 35% just to add a bit of appearance factor. That will be about it for the next year until spring......
how are you liking it so far. it looks good and can't wait to see what you do to it.

Chad, you officially fit into your neighbourhood.
So can you still drop the hammer in a Volvo?? :)

anyways nice car, that dash is either hate it or love it.... at first I didn't like it but it's grown on me.
Very nice looking car. Can't wait to see it with the spoiler and tint. I think most cars look 10x better with the windows tinted.
Very nice car! I really hope you (two) enjoy the car!
Cannot wait to see what you will do to her!
Where the hell did my comment go?
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 27 2006, 06:11 AM Wrote:Where the hell did my comment go?
[right][snapback]195459[/snapback][/right]

???? which comment?
Doesn't matter. Nice wheels Chad!

I see you with nice, tight 5-spokes on there soon. That car strikes me as too busy with that many spokes... unless you go 10+. Kind of a Focus thing, really. Just my opinion.

And the tiptronic... gotta love that stuff. True DSGs will replace manuals in the next 5-6 years in performance / touring cars.