FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got My S2 Rims Back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had sold my S2 rims back to Kev when I got the new Focus SES 5-stars and Pirellis for cheap. We nerfed that idea mutually and now they're back and the Pirellis are going on the S2 rims :D

I LOVE BEING INDECISIVE. :lol:

Also, I've got the S2 skirts and front lip coming shortly as well.

So, short of swapping in a Zetec and a stickshift... it's as close to a S2 sedan as it's going to get.

I might yet do one, small clandestine S2 badge somewhere, like the trunk... haven't decided yet. And yes, it's probably the most pointless "conversion" ever done in Focusdom. But it's unique, it's never been done before... and it's mine! Err.. ours. :unsure:

Lip and skirts oughta be done sometime around mid-july... ish. :D
Not even a pic? How dissapointing....congrats.
I took some pics, just need to upload from home.

Actually, if I swap the S2s on till I rotate the tires on I'll take more pics then... which would be tonight. :D-
LOL Glad things worked out :)
Very unique, are you planning to keep the S2 skirts and lip 'grey' like the S2's came or colormatching them to your car? Very nice sedan for sure, yeah I think it's the only one out there that someone has done this to, I've only heard of yours across the various focus forums.....
Depending on how the grey looks against the Sangria Red... might leave them that way. The lip would be cool in grey, as all others (SVT, etc) are pretty much all black.
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the S2 come in Sangria Red anyway? I know it came in CD Silver, Liquid Grey and I 'think' Sangria Red....

Also, I am close to 100% sure, but the S2 lip is the same lip off the later models (including the Ford GFX kit) and I know the S2 side skirts are the same as a 2003-2004 typical focus as I remember comparing them to Jarrod's 2003 when I gave him the S2 lip and side skirts.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing the pics once you get all that installed.
You're prolly right... I think they did have a run of Sangria S2s... but they're a lot more scarce than the grey and silver ones.

Interesting note on the skirts... but I'm sure they'll be an improvement over the stock '01 side rockers. They DO replace those, right?
Yeah they do, the S2 skirts had a larger back area that angles up towards the back tires, that or down but regardless the 'height' along side the car on the back piece is much different when compared to the 'straight' look of the stock side skirts on a typical 2001 focus.

They will be very much different but I'm guessing the mounting will be exactly the same. Once you remove the stock ones, there will be a bunch of holes punched though the metal behind the skirts. There are clips on the back of the skirts that 'pressure fit' the skirt to the side. I'd recommend using some sort of two sided tape also (3M) to attach the skirts to the car also. I know the S2 skirts I had, where clipped and two side taped to the car though the factory. There's a screw or two in the wheel wells that hold it all in place.

Another think you 'can' do is take a bead of grey or black caulking and run it along the top of the skirt where it touches the car. This will protect the tape from getting wet and damaged from weather, etc and actually helps make the skirt look more attached to the side of the car. Also will help hide any strange gaps if you have any.

I know bodyshops do this for most lip kits they install so it's not 'my experimented trick' or anything, it's a pro trick they use time and time again.

Yeah I've seen several liquid grey and CD silver S2's but I've yet to see a red one in person.

So you know, you can order in those S2 badges if you want, I got them priced out by FORD PARTS at the dealership a little while ago, I think they were around $20CDN each or so, slightly less. So you know, the S2 decal was only on the sides of the car, not the back so you'd need to get two of them. I can send you a closeup picture of it if you want to get one custom made, which should be quite easy. Let me know.....
maybe S2 stands for swapped and boosted

j/k

EDIT i'm ragging on you because you didn't post pics!
S2,Jun 26 2006, 01:24 PM Wrote:Yeah they do, the S2 skirts had a larger back area that angles up towards the back tires, that or down but regardless the 'height' along side the car on the back piece is much different when compared to the 'straight' look of the stock side skirts on a typical 2001 focus.

They will be very much different but I'm guessing the mounting will be exactly the same.  Once you remove the stock ones, there will be a bunch of holes punched though the metal behind the skirts.  There are clips on the back of the skirts that 'pressure fit' the skirt to the side.  I'd recommend using some sort of two sided tape also (3M) to attach the skirts to the car also.  I know the S2 skirts I had, where clipped and two side taped to the car though the factory.  There's a screw or two in the wheel wells that hold it all in place.

Another think you 'can' do is take a bead of grey or black caulking and run it along the top of the skirt where it touches the car.  This will protect the tape from getting wet and damaged from weather, etc and actually helps make the skirt look more attached to the side of the car.  Also will help hide any strange gaps if you have any.

I know bodyshops do this for most lip kits they install so it's not 'my experimented trick' or anything, it's a pro trick they use time and time again.

Yeah I've seen several liquid grey and CD silver S2's but I've yet to see a red one in person.

So you know, you can order in those S2 badges if you want, I got them priced out by FORD PARTS at the dealership a little while ago, I think they were around $20CDN each or so, slightly less.  So you know, the S2 decal was only on the sides of the car, not the back so you'd need to get two of them.  I can send you a closeup picture of it if you want to get one custom made, which should be quite easy.  Let me know.....
[right][snapback]195313[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty handy with silicone (hey-o!) as my dad did structural glass and aluminum for years. Thanks for the heads-up about that!

I've got a mess of 2-sided tape, but something tells me I'll need stronger stuff than what I have right now.

So there's a screw at each end... the pressure-fitting clips... and now the recommended 2-sided tape. Got it. Thank you Chad :)

So the parts desk at Stockfish ought to be able to order them up (the decals). Excellent. Now to decide where to place them. They're aft of the doors on the body panels, right?

Pics? Hmm. It'd be almost pointless right now as the 5-spokes are fitted, and you guys have seen the interior work of late with the new dash, etc. It sits largely the same as before, having settled down some now. It's basically back to the stock sedan height.... but the handling is a completely different beast. Just picture it from Anthony's BBQ with foglight DRLs (and fogs at that!) and that'll be the look till the skirtsp go on.

I'll post up some pics in FTS once I get the Pirellis transferred to the S2 rims.
Mind posting the part # of the S2 stickers? I will need a new one when I get some dings fixed on the side of my car...
Yeah the S2 decals are (well on the ZX3) right in front of the rear wheels right next to the 'arc' in the side paneling, just above the door guards on either side.