FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: June 23, 2006 - Shannonville Photos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, a few members told me about an upcoming track day and invited me to take some photos of the event. Knowing that there were 4 members of TOprotege there, I could not refuse. One slight problem, I've never taken any motion photos before! LoL, So I actually spent 2 hours parked at the edge of a shopping center and took pictures of cars driving by on the main road and to my surprised, it wasn't that hard.

So on the 23rd, backpack full of equipment, I hitched a ride with one of the Mazdaspeed Proteges to Shannonville Motorsports Park. Woah, this place is far...going to speed limit will take nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes. We stopped by a gas station to prepare the tires for best pressure and drove another 3 minutes to the track. Upon arrival, the track configuration looks awsome. After signing the waiver, the group of 25 or so cars started heading onto the track...
So for the past 2 days, I've been working on the pictures and videos taken at the event. Im still not finished with the photos yet, but here is a 3m40s video teaser ;)

Click Me for Teaser Video

On the way....this landmark = another 45min drive...
[Image: 38626ci.jpg]

Everyone at nearby Sunoco fixing tire pressure and getting ready
[Image: 38654zp.jpg]

The organizer of the track day...yeloZX3 of FocusCanada.net
[Image: 38690gg.jpg]
Quote:The organizer of the track day...yeloZX3 of FocusCanada.net

One day notice......

Yeah i'm bitter about it..... :twak:
hardk0re,Jun 25 2006, 11:27 PM Wrote:
Quote:The organizer of the track day...yeloZX3 of FocusCanada.net

One day notice......

Yeah i'm bitter about it..... :twak:
[right][snapback]195236[/snapback][/right]

1 Day notice is 1 day more than we normally get for g2g.
That would have been lots of fun! Again, if there was a bit more notice ;)
Nice pics though, I like the giant apple.. haha
Looks Awesome. Was that the Fabi track or the Nelson one? Last time I went with BMW of Guelph we used the Fabi track. It's soo much fun. Any more pics?
MORE PICS?
Hey Spyder01..Did you saw my friend with a white RSX-S? got any pic of his car?
Im still working on the pictures! Been working on them till like 3am for the past two days! hehe I should have more posted this afternoon

White RSX-S?? I don't think there was a white one, there was a silver one with wilwood bbk. I forced him to stopped at the front while he was coming back from the gas station and made him give a a ride back to the back straight.. :P lol

And it was the full track....:) Long as heck...can only do like 2 or 3 laps and they'd have to come back to cool down
[Image: 39511xa.jpg]

[Image: 39755gq.jpg]

[Image: 40160lt.jpg]
[Image: 40408bh.jpg]

Autoexe from TM3
[Image: 40432bp.jpg]

Concept on Wheels Normad...Check out that downpipe straight out the side! :eek: hehe I heard that this car couldn't make it to shannonville on 1 full tank of gas and had to fill up on the way :P . He only brought it onto the track once or twice and I didn't get a chance to get any video or photos of it :(
[Image: 40515sc.jpg]
Nice pics.
This Volvo takes 3 or 4 laps...come back to the pit and the silicon sound preventing stuff was melting off! Check out that glowing red smoking stuff melting off under the car
[Image: 40523nu.jpg]

Heres some of what fell off the Volvo in the pit, still red hot
[Image: 40505zs.jpg]

RSX saved me from walking back from the front pit to the back pit :D I kind of forced him to stop after he was coming back from the gas station and made him give me a ride :P
[Image: 40585pu.jpg]
What settings did you use for the motion shots? They turned out sweet! Nice work!
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 26 2006, 04:20 PM Wrote:What settings did you use for the motion shots? They turned out sweet! Nice work!
[right][snapback]195347[/snapback][/right]

I was in full manual mode and had to keep changing the settings, because for motion, too fast everything will be blurry, too slow, everything will be stopped. So for the most part, I only moved around the shutter speed depending on where the sun was.

Tires smoking during the turn...
[Image: 40827uj.jpg]

Opps, hit the apex a bit too early...
[Image: 40916pz.jpg]

[Image: 41066fg.jpg]

Ok...I'll let you go in front of me
[Image: 41101er.jpg]
Shannonville Full Track
[Image: 41162it.jpg]

Opps...R tires not warm enough on the Civic
[Image: 41190al.jpg]

Another car far away went off track
[Image: 41446jd.jpg]
Passenger: OMG OMG, oh s*** careful man! your car has passenger airbag right?
[Image: 41346lx.jpg]

Davut MSP: Damn, would you relax? See? I still have time to pick my nose. And take that helmet off will you?
[Image: 41399gm.jpg]
i'd have to walk all the way over to where that tiny tiny stand on the other side of the track if it weren't for that RSX
[Image: 41775fo.jpg]

MSP chasing RSX
[Image: 41802mr.jpg]

Brand spanking new TSX, opened the hood in the pit and everything was shiny
[Image: 41713pa.jpg]
Just not Fair.... MORE Notice next time please.
Pages: 1 2