FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tyre Damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just noticed this on my rear drivers tyre!

[Image: tyregash2.jpg]
Check them all. Do you park on the street?
OAC_Sparky,Jun 25 2006, 10:17 AM Wrote:Check them all. Do you park on the street?
[right][snapback]195174[/snapback][/right]

No..I live in the country though...but I have a garage!.

Man..I have bad luck..

The other 3 tyres are completely fine...I even took the front 2 off and inspected the inside wall

No damage to rim either...
That sucks, even with road hazard warranty sidewall damage isn't covered.

And the P6s for our cars are $175ea.

I know, I replaced one a bit back.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 25 2006, 10:27 AM Wrote:That sucks, even with road hazard warranty sidewall damage isn't covered.

And the P6s for our cars are $175ea.

I know, I replaced one a bit back.
[right][snapback]195177[/snapback][/right]

that the ford employee price too..I used to work for FORD but now it'll be over $200 if i recall!

so I guess I need to replace it huh!?
microbunny,Jun 25 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:so I guess I need to replace it huh!?
[right][snapback]195178[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure Meford or I can get you the discount, we'd have to order the tire and you could come out here.

How deep is it? It may be only cosmetic if it's not through the cording.
I would replace it... but if it's not that gouged, it shouldn't be a problem keeping it on.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 25 2006, 10:35 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 25 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:so I guess I need to replace it huh!?
[right][snapback]195178[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure Meford or I can get you the discount, we'd have to order the tire and you could come out here.

How deep is it? It may be only cosmetic if it's not through the cording.
[right][snapback]195179[/snapback][/right]

I'd rather deal with you...meford's thug mentality frightens me!

The photo doesn't really tell me that much. It doesn't look that bad, but if you can feel the gouge, it's new tire time :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 25 2006, 01:57 PM Wrote:The photo doesn't really tell me that much.  It doesn't look that bad, but if you can feel the gouge, it's new tire time :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]195196[/snapback][/right]

So, the 6 inch cut in the tyre isnt that noticeable?
don't mess around with safety items.. and tires are def a safety item.. replace it
microbunny,Jun 25 2006, 03:57 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 25 2006, 01:57 PM Wrote:The photo doesn't really tell me that much.  It doesn't look that bad, but if you can feel the gouge, it's new tire time :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]195196[/snapback][/right]

So, the 6 inch cut in the tyre isnt that noticeable?
[right][snapback]195200[/snapback][/right]

Okay getting a second look on my PC's monitor I can actually see the bit of rubber that's gouged out (I was at a friends house when I veiwed it first and their monitor, well, isn't my monitor :unsure: ) Replace that sucker PDQ

NefCanuck
Ya i'd be replacing that for sure. Think of it this way, are you really willing to risk your life for $200? I'm certainly not, so if it was me i'd replace that PDQ.
replace it.

i dont want to fv(k with unsafe tires.
Replace, that tire could be the difference between life and death.
Yea, replace it, just dont buy at dealer- you can get them way cheaper elsewhere
Bah, leave it on. You've had such good luck with this car what could possible happen......................................................................

J/K, ditch that mofo ASAP.
I'd replace that in a heartbeat, man. f***ing around with tires is a good way to have an impromptu driving skills test. :ph34r:

Ever had a blowout at 100+? I have... thankfully it was one of the rears!
I'd replace that if I were you, I'd rather be safe than sorry......
Dealer pricing gives me the rim for 240, the tire must be decently priced...

(edited for relevance :lol: brain-farts for everyone)
Pages: 1 2