FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Knob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, i'm trying to change my shifter knob, and i have this dumb spring and s*** for that reverse lock out thingy ma bob....

can anyone tell me how to get rid of it. I'm pretty sure i wont' jam it into reverse by "accident"
Just unscrew the knob, pop the shift boot, slide the mechanism piece off the shaft and toss it.
Yeah, all the reverse lockout is is the piece of plastic, it's just designed to get in the way of moving into reverse without pulling it up. If you slide it off the shifter you never have to think of it again.

Only difference is that you'll have to ziptie the boot to the shifter shaft itself, since the boot is normally attached to the lockout collar.
I don't know why ford felt it necessary to put that crap in the car. Removing mine was one of the first things i did when i got the car.
I Just found out something....the part that you pull up, is connected to the lower collar by two plastic rods. if you remove the "rods" ....and turn the lower collar 180 degrees, it'll slide back in place. This way avoiding removing more than you need to.

Also, this allows me to keep the upper collar on, which in turn keeps the shift boot in the original spot, and thus allowing me to install my new shift knob.

TAADAAAAAAA

K, i'll post pics when i can. you'll see what i mean. If i made ya all confused.
Guess SVT assumed drivers know what they are doing with the 6spd. Reverse lock out free!