FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Resigned Today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
w00t! turned in my letter today. no more IT implentations for meeeeeee ! :D
Congrats! And what are your plans now?
:D Lucky you!
Stick it to the man! haha
and yea, what are your plans now?
Staying in NYC? I cant imagine you resigning without a contingency or better offer so what is next?
2001 ZTS,Jun 23 2006, 06:46 PM Wrote:Staying in NYC? I cant imagine you resigning without a contingency or better offer so what is next?
[right][snapback]194992[/snapback][/right]

yes sir you have me figured out! i'm moving partly because of better compensation, but more importantly exposure that is more aligned with my goals for myself

i was implementing proprietary software for retail banks at prev consulting firm and there was some good learning there but long term i can't see myself working in IT. moving over to another consulting firm that advises on sales and marketing strategy issues.
Not Bad naz!
Congrats on the move up. Always nice to turn in teh "piss on you" letter when you have something else on teh go :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 23 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:Congrats on the move up.  Always nice to turn in teh "piss on you" letter when you have something else on teh go :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]195016[/snapback][/right]

lol lol. i forced myself to keep the letter short and to the point to make sure the i didn't start pissing everywhere
naz,Jun 23 2006, 05:26 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 23 2006, 10:11 PM Wrote:Congrats on the move up.  Always nice to turn in teh "piss on you" letter when you have something else on teh go :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]195016[/snapback][/right]

lol lol. i forced myself to keep the letter short and to the point to make sure the i didn't start pissing everywhere
[right][snapback]195019[/snapback][/right]

Oh if I ever found myself being able to burn my bridges, I'd be using [b]NAPALM![b] :lol:

NefCAnuck
A guy who was being drummed out at a place I used to work finally gave his notice one day, his letter was short and sweet, to the point.

To Barry,

[SIZE=xx-large]f*** YOU
[SIZE=x-small]I quit.

Sincerely,
James

When I quit, I dodn't even have the respect for him to give my notice, I started at 8 am the boss started his s***, I hit control alt delete, shoved my stuff into a box, happened to put a customer list in there (oops) and walked out. He came back to the sales office a few minutes later to find a sticky note on my screen with the words I Quit. Called the labour relations board on the way home, there's now 22 people in on the class action suit against him, in addition to the harrasment charges that I laid on him. I kinda hope to own his business someday, although I do like his house, kind of, it's worth a good chunk of change :P
focusracer,Jun 26 2006, 09:12 PM Wrote:A guy who was being drummed out at a place I used to work finally gave his notice one day, his letter was short and sweet, to the point.

To Barry,

[SIZE=xx-large]f*** YOU
[SIZE=x-small]I quit.

Sincerely,
James

When I quit, I dodn't even have the respect for him to give my notice, I started at 8 am the boss started his s***, I hit control alt delete, shoved my stuff into a box, happened to put a customer list in there (oops) and walked out. He came back to the sales office a few minutes later to find a sticky note on my screen with the words I Quit. Called the labour relations board on the way home, there's now 22 people in on the class action suit against him, in addition to the harrasment charges that I laid on him. I kinda hope to own his business someday, although I do like his house, kind of, it's worth a good chunk of change :P
[right][snapback]195402[/snapback][/right]

Haha that is perfect!!!
At least you found out what you want to do with yourself, and you're not stuck for years upon years doing what you definitely don't want to do.

Good luck man.