FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fla. Restaurant Sells $100 Hamburger
BOCA RATON, Fla., Jun. 22, 2006

A hundred bucks might buy you more than six dozen burgers from McDonald's, but the swanky Old Homestead Steakhouse will sell you one brawny beef sandwich for the same price.

Boca Raton Mayor Steven Abrams could barely speak between bites as he devoured the 20-ounce, $100 hamburger billed as the "beluga caviar of sandwiches."

"Heaven on a bun," restaurant owner Marc Sherry said.

The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents _ American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

I saw that on the news ............. typical to have a burger that big in the land of the big gut !!
i haven't had a $100 burger yet.. but i have tried a $30 burger served at db bistro moderne in nyc and it is damn good.

here is description from a food review website

"The meat is ground prime rib, leavened with braised short ribs, truffles, foie gras, and a hint of vegetable root. The bun is freshly baked and flecked with bits of Parmesan. Instead of ketchup, there's tomato compote on top, along with frisée and a smear of fresh mayonnaise. Take a bite, and these elements dissolve together in rich, almost confectionary layers; the taste is like no hamburger you've ever had."

if any of you go to nyc.. definitely check it out!
holy moly.. thats one heck of a burger. Probably nice and tasty too.

But no way in hell would i blow $100 on a piece of dead cow.

You'd think that paying those prices to belong to their rich people club.. they'd just opt for the filet mignon or something.
torradan,Jun 22 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:But no way in hell would i blow $100 on a piece of dead cow.

[right][snapback]194773[/snapback][/right]

What...you never bought a decent leather jacket?...lol

No, but seriously....I guarantee that my local bar 'n' grill that I frequent weekly does a Steerburger that is nicer than that one....and it comes with salad, bacon, cheese...whatever you want....all for $8.95! And it's DAMN good.....never had a bad one yet.

Just shows that money ruins people I guess....$124....wow

S.
The burger debuted Tuesday at the restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort and Club, where a membership costs $40,000 and an additional $3,600 a year.

"We've never had a hamburger on our menu here so we really wanted to go to the extreme," Sherry said, calling it "the most decadent burger in the world."

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents _ American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.

The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.[/i]
[right][snapback]194724[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

A) Anyone who spends that much money for a membership would not even notice the $100 burgers for their 4 perfect children.

B ) EWWWWWW - 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick of meat...
really expensive food is sometimes 'worth it'.....