FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hyundai Electronic Stability Control Window Decal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Hyundai Electronic Stability Control Window Decal Alerts Consumers To Safety Technology
Electronic Stability Control is standard safety equipment on 70 percent of Hyundai vehicles, more than any other popular brand.
June 20, 2006

Hyundai Motor America announced today a new initiative to inform consumers of the important life-saving technology found as standard equipment on more than 70 percent of Hyundai vehicles. Beginning in June, all Hyundai vehicles equipped with standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) will be tagged with a small window decal which reads "ESC: Life-saving technology confirmed by NHTSA and IIHS studies." This effort is intended to help raise awareness for Electronic Stability Control, while underlining Hyundai's dedication to providing this sophisticated technology as standard equipment on the vast majority of its models.

"Research universally substantiates that Electronic Stability Control is an invaluable life-saving technology, and Hyundai is proud to lead all popular automotive brands in providing it as standard equipment to our customers," said John Krafcik, vice president of product development and strategic planning, Hyundai Motor America. "Other manufacturers may talk about their commitment to this technology, but at Hyundai, we've demonstrated our commitment by making ESC standard equipment on more than 70 percent of our volume - a higher level of standard ESC than Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford or Volvo."

Electronic Stability Control is just one element of Hyundai's commitment to unsurpassed safety, which includes a wide range of active safety equipment to help drivers avoid accidents, and passive equipment to protect all vehicle occupants if an accident can't be avoided.

Electronic Stability Control uses sophisticated electronic and hydraulic technologies to help stabilize situations where a driver finds the vehicle veering from its appropriate path - due to slippery surfaces, driver distraction or other causes. In a University of Michigan study released earlier this month, Electronic Stability Control reduced the chance of an SUV being in a fatal accident by 50 percent, while reducing the chance of a fatal rollover by 73 percent. For cars, the system reduced the chance of a fatal accident by 31 percent and the chance of a fatal rollover by 40 percent. Study author John Woodrooffe noted that Electronic Stability Control systems "appear to be the most significant safety advance since seat belts."

Additionally, a National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) study reports a 35 percent reduction in single vehicle crashes for passenger cars, and a 30 percent reduction in fatal single vehicle crashes in cars equipped with ESC. For SUVs, the numbers are even higher, with a 67 percent reduction in single vehicle crashes for SUVs and a 63 percent reduction in fatalities2.

"Rarely do we see safety effects as large as we're seeing for Electronic Stability Control," said Adrian Lund, president, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. "We encourage all vehicle manufacturers to include this important technology on new models because the research proves it saves lives."

The more I hear about Hyundai the more I want to buy one :)
my car's got that.
Is it over-rated like their manufacturer's published HP numbers?
Hyundai makes a good car these days!
ANTHONYD,Jun 22 2006, 07:38 AM Wrote:Hyundai makes a good car these days!
[right][snapback]194638[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but their resale value is still below an equivalent Ford :lol: (for now :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
I'll probably get flamed but I really like the new hatch by hyundai.
Hyundai's are getting better all the time.....and in turn so are Kia's. Welcome to platform sharing....Aaaiiiieeeeeee!