FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Volvo Cars Recalls 158,000 Cars Worldwide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Volvo Cars Recalls 158,000 Cars Worldwide Over Technical Fault
AFX News Limited - June 19, 2006

Swedish automaker Volvo Cars, a subsidiary of Ford Motor Co, said it has recalled 158,000 cars worldwide on concerns over a potential defect in their handbraking systems. "Around 158,000 cars are involved, of which around 21,800 are in Sweden," a the company said.The recall affects Volvo S40 and V50 models from 2004, 2005 and in some cases 2006.

In addition to Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia, the recall primarily affects the company's main markets of North America, Great Britain and Germany.

Recall letters were sent to all owners of vehicles potentially affected, which can be repaired in around an hour, it said.

Copyright 2006 AFX News Limited. All Rights Reserved.

LOL

Hey I just bought a Volvo S40 on Monday..... luckily it's a 2006 but good to know......
Yeah, I was just going to say... its funny how Phillip puts this up when he knows Chad got a new Volvo! :lol:
Actually I just read this off Motortrend.com under news releases, and since this is a car site I posted it up, just like that of the Jeep, GM, Dodge, Honda, and any other car company that made news on recalls since no one else posted it yet.
Hey I appreciate it, it's GOOD for me to know this....