FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hate Bond Films...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a waste. Seriously...
Pfft. They blew up an aircraft carrier in Tomorrow Never Dies.
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 21 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:Pfft.  They blew up an aircraft carrier in Tomorrow Never Dies.
[right][snapback]194468[/snapback][/right]

Thats an aircraft carrier. Really...Who cares? :P
Flofocus,Jun 21 2006, 02:11 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 21 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:Pfft.  They blew up an aircraft carrier in Tomorrow Never Dies.

[right][snapback]194471[/snapback][/right]

It was more money than the DBS's.
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 21 2006, 02:36 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 21 2006, 02:11 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]194471[/snapback][/right]

It was more money than the DBS's.
[right][snapback]194488[/snapback][/right]

i dont think it was the cost, thats jsut a waste of 3 beautiful machines, im sure teh aircraft carrier was a rotting piece of metal about to sink anyway (big loss :rolleyes: ) i woulda gave one of those cars a nice home, cant say the same for the aircraft carrier

there is no comparison really.
I agree. I as well hate bond movies.
I doubt they actually destroyed 3 cars. They probably just had shells of Astons, with some mundane chassis and engine under the shell.

Why blow up $300,000 cars when you can blow up $50,000 cars... also, I imagine they had to have pyrotecnics in the car, and you can't fit those in with the V12 in there. Plus you'd have to worry about all kinds of things with a real aston when blowing it up/crashing it. It's easier to have a shell made, and use a simple chassis with predictable characteristics.

Anyway I'm no expert...