FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paint Work Getting Done
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got hit in the winter ( Hit and run ) Blew out my little triangle window, Broke tale pipe, Destroyed tail light and crippled my back driverside quarter pannel.

Needless to say I got it fixed by... Highburry ford after 3 weeks of going back and forth with my insurance untill they said Ford or no where.

So they have the car back today because the clearcoat they put on is full of little white bubbles. Millions of them and its actually falling off in some places.

Typical Ford Paint work.
Really? That's brutal. I had mine done at the dealership (after a hit and run also) and it came out awesome.
Its been like 3 months and there just fixing it today.

The guy who runs the body shop make some sad attempt to feed me the line.
( Well you waxed it to soon )
And thats totally crap cause I didnt wax for 7 weeks.

He basicly told me im wrong and I told him Id be happy to call Statefarm and let them know that he is refusing to fix the paint work after statefarm made me go there.
So I called infront of him and my agent basicly said to fix the work or they would be contacted by a legal aid who would be representing me.
+ My Dealership in MT.Brydges says they didnt let the clear coat bond to the paint properly and I had him talk to statefarm weeks ago lol.

Buddie didnt look very happy with me.
They didn't put those tail lights back on the car did they?
I've only had good experiences with the dealer's bodyhouse here in North Bay.

We have some good people here... just let your s*** accumulate and get it done here? :D
ANTHONYD,Jun 21 2006, 10:13 AM Wrote:They didn't put those tail lights back on the car did they?
[right][snapback]194400[/snapback][/right]

No I provided new ones and they Got the cash back to me kinda thing.

NORTHBAY are you mad? First its a focus and I live in london. I dont trust it to go that far lol.
Second..... NORTHBAY are you mad!?!?!?
It's not Ford's fault that the dealership bodyshop does bad work/bad service. The bodyshop at my dealership does good work, and if I have any problems with it they resolve them until I'm satisfied.. no questions.

It sucks that they wont stand behind their work though, sounds like a pretty shady paint shop. At least you have some ground to stand on with the insurance company threatening them..
Mason,Jun 21 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:Typical Ford Paint work.
[right][snapback]194379[/snapback][/right]
Hey hey hey.

I represent that statement!

And your insurance company sucks monkey balls. Making you go to a specific place for work. BS. It's the law in Ontario that you can take your car to any shop of your chosing.
Well its the next morning and my car is still not in my drive way. There going to deliver it to my work later.

And as for getting it done at ford. The first body shop I took it to told statefarm that I asked him to fix things that were not damaged as a result of the hit and run. So the guy at P.A.G bodywork in london basicly will call the cops if he sees me in there again after what I said to him lol.

AND get this. They are saying the reason the clear coat is falling off is because they didnt use the right kind of sand paper or somthing when they painted it.

Typical ford answer.....
Fvck the insurance company. I told them to s*** in their hat when they TOLD me to take my car to "Good Car" autobody to have my car repaired. The car at the time was a month old, and I wanted it back looking like new.

I took it back to the dealer body shop at Discovery. WICKED WORK! And about 300 bux more exspensive than the "discount" crap places the insurance co. makes you goto.

Not bad at all considering there was over 10k in damage.
Mason,Jun 22 2006, 07:52 AM Wrote:And as for getting it done at ford. The first body shop I took it to told statefarm that I asked him to fix things that were not damaged as a result of the hit and run. [right][snapback]194634[/snapback][/right]
Well, did you? Doesn't sound like a denial.
Quote:So the guy at P.A.G bodywork in london basicly will call the cops if he sees me in there again after what I said to him lol.
So, you lost your cool and blew up at a "good" shop. Why?

Body shops deal with insurance companies all the time. It's a steady source of income, not like the guys that come in to get their body kit painted.

The last thing they want is to lose that income by getting blackballed because they were a party to defrauding the insurance company.

Quote:AND get this. They are saying the reason the clear coat is falling off is because they didnt use the right kind of sand paper or somthing when they painted it.

Typical ford answer.....
Ok. So your INDEPENDENTLY owned dealership messed up your paint job. And that has exactly "what" to do with Ford? What paint problems did you have with it before the "hit and run"?

Typical Ford Basher. Mouth in gear 30 seconds before the brain.
No I didnt ask the guy at PAG to do anything. He looked the car over and did the quote on his computer. As for loosing it on him ow yea. When statefarm called me that day and said I may be investigated for fraud i flipped out.
Ultimently Statefarm talked to him and they decided what he said was not important.

As for the paint work I dont so much bash ford as I do Highburry ford. Every one I know who goes there has had nothing but problems with them. Including my dad.

Also on that note I was told 5 hours at most. So lets factor this in.
I dropped it off yesterday at 8AM. The bodyshop closes at 5PM
so thats 9 hours so far.

NOW ignoring when they close they say they will have my car finished by 4PM tonight and at my work by 5PM most likly.
Being the nice guy that I am ill give them that extra hour to drive it or what ever they do that will take an hour.

So the 5 hour job has turned into a 17 hours.

Mason,Jun 22 2006, 09:53 AM Wrote:No I didnt ask the guy at PAG to do anything. He looked the car over and did the quote on his computer.[right][snapback]194654[/snapback][/right]
It would seem strange that the bodyshop would say that to the insurance company, it would have not served any purpose. Did they admit to it?

Quote:As for the paint work I dont so much bash ford as I do Highburry ford.

But,

Quote:Typical Ford Paint work.
Quote:Typical ford answer.....

Please remember that some of us here are Ford workers and some of us bend over backwards to help other members. Even Meford usually. ;)

And we take pride in the jobs we do personally, even though we realize that Ford as a company does have its faults.

That's why we get pissy when Ford gets the blame for the actions of others. We get enough grief without the stuff we're not responsible for....
Well Statefarm wouldnt tell me what them and PAG talked about.

As for ford..... sorry buddie. Next time I bitch about highburry ford Ill be sure to bitch about highburry ford.... This never would have happened at Mtbrydges ford. lol

I also got a price on the new ST sedan spoiler to buy painted from them.... What the hell is this 1521$ crap... I allmost started to giggle when she showed me on the computer.
you know I had both Focus's repaired at a dealership ( Colony Ford ) and they did an awsome job each time, and they even got me a new lip for the body kit I have on the car (xenon) as I took it off the car before winter, and they replaced it with all the repairs, I have never had a problem with any of their work they did.
This Dealership didnt even replace the break lightbulb broken by the hit. lol
Well they did it. They only fixed half of the poor paintjob they did and there reason was Ow we didnt notice the Top of the door had a problem to... Even though it was the worst place.
So to make this right next time I take it. Cause I gotta take it back again for the 3rd time they will do an oil change.......