FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is Your Focus A Problem Car?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's your perception of your focus?

Has it been good to you? or an absolute nightmare?

Feel free to post some examples of the troubles and/or good times the car has given you.

*starts stopwatch in anticipation of AnthonyD's infinite work order pic*
Basically mine has been a good car. Handles well and I still enjoy driving it.

Main piss off has been the multiple recalls. That's to be somewhat expected with a first-year car, but I'm up to 7 or so!

The other main problem was the seized rear suspension bolts when I was doing the suspension. Basically had to destroy some rubber bushings/bolts/crossmember to get them out. Replacement bolts were pricey and went with Prothane bushings all around.

The engine and tranny still run strong.
I'm alright.

The car started out horrible. It was in week after week for stuff.

The last 3 years have been absolute gold. No troubles and runnig better than ever.

*checking sky for lighning bolts*

Just to make you happy Steve.

[Image: IMG_604.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0602.jpg]
Other than the original recall stuff that was taken care of when I brought the car in for regular service, this car has been trouble free. I have owned this car for 6 years.

In fact I have not even brought my car into the dearlership in the last 2 years. I have been doing all of the regular maintenance service myself.
This car has been great to me, besides my little tranny mishap (but thats my fault for driving the car hard). Besides that this car is a strong runner, had a few issues with an upper strut mount bearing and I think a wheel bearing. That has been it so far!

02ztsian

Going on two years of ownership and almost 20k km, only problem was the leaky clutch M/C (not my fault) and a broken TPS (my fault). This car has been really good to me and has been a real blast to drive. Handles very well, getting faster the longer I own it (and add more perf. parts!). And, best of all, its NOT A HONDA!!!!!!!!!
i love my car, by far the best one i've ever had!

Might be written off though :(
I will either keep it and do the work myself or just buy a new one, not too sure but I know I will be staying with a ZX3.
Lemme see

- Busted steering link
- Exhaust plate rattling
- Fuel pump died
- Bad grouding on the doors for my Alpine speakers.
- Paint flaked a bit.
- Cracked windshield

Apart from that, nothing really terrible. :rolleyes:
I've got the same paint flaking from road debris immediately aft of the front wheel well, along the rocker panels. Not too bad yet.

There are really tiny rust bubbles / rises waiting to happen. I'll either keep the car and paint it, or live with it as none have broken through yet and sell it as-is. I've redone the one edge of the trunklid twice now... cause I didn't get all the rust the first time. A primer of light-grey Tremclad will hopefully rectify that now.

I had the brake pads / rotors replaced under their 1 year warranty or whatever it was. Smooth sailing ever since.

I had the fuel pump recall done when we bought it over 2 years ago.

I had two busted front springs that were replaced when I installed the S2 suspension earlier this month.

I had a cracked #2 or #3 sparkplug wire. Replaced them all with 8mm wires.

Anything else was driver-initiated. I high-centered on a frost heave early last year and dented the transmission pan, starving the internals of fluid and nearly cooking the tranny. All better now, no problems since.
Lol, that picture is gold.

Except for a couple of minor things at the beginning mine has been really good to me. I've actually been quite suprised.
Excellent car in my books as for they are empty without service invoices!!!!
depends on who you talk to, my focus have "less" problem than my bimmer..

Other than being in the dealership for a month when I 1st bought the car to get caught up on recalls, the car has been great to me.

Everything that has gone wrong, was NOT Fords fault. Well, maybe some minor stuff, but nothing crazy so far.

I still didnt like handing over my 2 day old car for 4 recalls though.
I've only had 1 genuine problem with mine so far. Power steering switch seal went bad. 14,400 kms and counting.......
i had 2 problems which were covered under warranty, mc cylinder leak and replacement of the intake manifold. over 100k and still going strong however my oem conti's are starting to go and need replacing. i can't complain.
Compared to any other car I've had before the Focus has been an absolute gem.

Only thing that's gone wrong to this point was the fuel gauge dying last year (They replaced the fuel pump as well at the time) and the recall for the rear door latches.

Aside from that and the sucky in snow P6's that came with the car, I've been happy as a clam :) (Gotta think about new doughnuts before winter though -sigh- )

NefCanuck
Wow, 17:1 saying it's been good. I'm suprised how one sided it is, considering how much complaining people do on all the forums.
If any one can beleive it I have paid for 0 repairs.... So far though I blew my front suspension in the first 2 weeks I owned it... But I did it myself.
A recall on the front springs covered it. lol
Couple minor problems, But stellar other than that.
It was definately a problem car the first few years but has been faultless for a couple years now. I'd feel very confortable selling it to a friend now where I would only give it to my worst enemy before.
Pages: 1 2